Is Full PPF Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted some feedback from those with experience using non-stealth PPF for protection.

Is the full wrap worth the cost? Getting quotes around $6K.

Just wondering how they hold up over time, mostly concerned about edges and lips peeling.

The trails in the northeast can get narrow, and I feel like PPF would help with tight spots in the tree brush.

Part of me also worries about strangers removing badges and flares that were factory installed and passed QC, and as of now I really have no "Covid build" issues.

Not to mention all the sensors and cameras...

Is it worth it????

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full PPF is significantly more expensive than just doing the spots with the greatest likelihood of impact. Doing the front end, mirrors, a pillars, hood and fenders should run you about half that. I can't imagine a scenario where PPF would do anything for the back of the truck, but you're paying for that to be wrapped as well.

Also it just comes down to preference - if you're the type where you're bothered by paint swirls you can make a stronger case for the application.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its worth it.. but I do get bothered by chips, dings, and swirl marks. I also want to be able to go through a soft-touch carwash every once in a blue moon during the winter to get the dirt off since I don't have a gigantic heated garage. I would never touch a soft-touch carwash ever without a full wrap.. but.. everyone's preference is difference.

To me though, the peace of mind driving down the freeway and seeing a rock flip up and knick my truck and know it probably didn't ruin anything cosmetically is pretty great. I've had some close calls and big rocks not do a thing.

I also bring it out on the trails and have had my gen2 look factory pin striped going through trees and brush.. sucked.. but now with the gen3 I've done the same trails.. no issues.. truck looks brand new.

Ymmv with edges and how the shop did the install. I have some edges coming up, but I don't blame it on the install, I think it was from the last trail run and rock hit but I pressed it back down and I'm fine with it. Would rather have it come up a bit then the alternative.. im actually pretty sure it may be covered under warranty.

Same guy did my Tesla Model S and as that is used just as a commuter car, the whole wrap looks brand new and its been on the car for 3yrs when I bought it new. Nothing has come up on that one and it's really protected the car from some crap now having over 60k miles on it in 3yrs.

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends what you trying to accomplish and how big is your wallet...

If you just trying to protect the paint? Probably not worth it.

For me personally, I paid to get satin matt grey color on my Raptor.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worth the full PPF. Everything mirrors forward and bedsides as they are the only real impact areas. The rest, just get ceramic coated. You can get the partial done for half the cost of full because the doors and roof require a lot of PPF and leave a lot of waste behind whereas the bedsides and most front end parts can be plotted more efficiently.

HighHP

Reaction score
Not worth the full PPF. Everything mirrors forward and bedsides as they are the only real impact areas. The rest, just get ceramic coated. You can get the partial done for half the cost of full because the doors and roof require a lot of PPF and leave a lot of waste behind whereas the bedsides and most front end parts can be plotted more efficiently.
I agree. You or even a shop can touch up chips very easily for not much $$$, assuming normal use. However, if you have a lot of disposable $$$ and/or rough use maybe worth it. But, once again, a front quarter repaint may be less than a full PPF.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted some feedback from those with experience using non-stealth PPF for protection.

Is the full wrap worth the cost? Getting quotes around $6K.

Just wondering how they hold up over time, mostly concerned about edges and lips peeling.

The trails in the northeast can get narrow, and I feel like PPF would help with tight spots in the tree brush.

Part of me also worries about strangers removing badges and flares that were factory installed and passed QC, and as of now I really have no "Covid build" issues.

Not to mention all the sensors and cameras...

Is it worth it????
I think it’s worth it. My price was higher. I used Xpel Ultimate Plus pre-cut with factory ceramic in it , didn’t cover the stickers and used stealth on flares and bumpers and front grill. He adjusted the cuts to wrap around the edges wherever possible. Plus I tinted all windows including the moonroof D18638F4-6AFC-4732-99BE-DD512471F761.jpeg