is forscan considered a tune for warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I imagine there is no way outside of the dealer to obtain the factory base table/image that is flashed on to a new BCM at the factory?
I’m guessing you’re referring to the TCM? I’m not aware of how to get that base adaptive calibration; they probably don’t release it because they want the cycle to learn the tolerances of each individual transmission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m guessing you’re referring to the TCM? I’m not aware of how to get that base adaptive calibration; they probably don’t release it because they want the cycle to learn the tolerances of each individual transmission.
Sorry my bad, yes TCM. My guess is that you could not obtain it. The learning procedure does look to be time consuming. I would hope dealers techs replacing TCM’s actually perform this.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry my bad, yes TCM. My guess is that you could not obtain it. The learning procedure does look to be time consuming. I would hope dealers techs replacing TCM’s actually perform this.
Me too. But I often wonder if the repeat concerns we hear about are from dealers performing the adaptive reset without completing the drive cycle...

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me too. But I often wonder if the repeat concerns we hear about are from dealers performing the adaptive reset without completing the drive cycle...
Exactly. We know there are thorough techs and techs that like to get a vehicle in and out and make his time on it. But some my not even look into this procedure.

My ‘19 at times will drop a downshift a bit too firm. It could be in a number of gears. Why this would occasionally happen coming out of 10th is interesting. It’s probably happened in the last few thousand miles, or at least when I really have noticed. Nothing major and I probably won’t even bother thinking twice about it. The learn procedure would take some dedication to run if I reset the tables.

andy556

Reaction score
Reset my 2019 Transmission table via FORSCAN this afternoon due to hard jerk when selecting drive. Ran the procedure as above and now she’s smooth when selecting drive. Thanks for the good advice…