Is Ford putting Line-x on the 2013 model?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to the speedliner website, there you will find the test results where they tested the speedliner product against Linex and rhino.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

oops forgot to attache the link. lol Truck Bed Liners, Bed Liners and Spray on Truck Bed Liners by Speedliner

glad to see they got away from the hopper gun crap. they have come out with "normal" type plural component coatings. thats a long way from where they were. i couldnt find the comparison on that website, but every liner on the market claims to be better than linex and rhino. if they didnt who would buy them?

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont disagree that factory is WAYY better than dealer installed on typical stuff, but LineX I had done by LineXofSA, and he did a perfect job on my truck. But you are looking at a quality control issue right away with this option. The guy at the factory never will have to look at a customer in the eye and explain why there was a slight overshoot here or imperfection there...he is union, and his motivation is numbers per hour. Go to someone who makes a living at this and deals with customers, and it should almost always translate to a better job done.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont disagree that factory is WAYY better than dealer installed on typical stuff, but LineX I had done by LineXofSA, and he did a perfect job on my truck. But you are looking at a quality control issue right away with this option. The guy at the factory never will have to look at a customer in the eye and explain why there was a slight overshoot here or imperfection there...he is union, and his motivation is numbers per hour. Go to someone who makes a living at this and deals with customers, and it should almost always translate to a better job done.

i have a video on a thumb drive of the process. it is actually being sprayed by a graco machine with a mechanical arm. pretty cool to watch, but i still have my doubts.

on a side note,
Line-X actually just acquired the company that is spraying all of the factory liners for ford and dodge, an fixing to do GM's as well. not sure how this will play out, but i will know alot more in a month.

www.gfx-ltd.com