Is Ford putting Line-x on the 2013 model?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIY is junk. do it once, do it right. ive seen every DIY on the market fail.

the stuff ford is using in the beds is a ultimate linings product sprayed by GFX. NOT LINE-X. it is being sprayed in by a pretty cool graco machine. still doesnt have the attention to detail it would if done in a shop like mine. they dont sand the beds either. They use an adhesion promoter. I saw the finished product at the NADA show in feb. its really not bad. still doesnt look like mine, but its not as bad as previous products.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn good info right there, my man. Thanks for that! Personally, it's all BedRug for me.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a SPEEDLINER sprayed in on my Raptor. You have a wide variety of colors to choose from at no extra charge and looking at the specs. the liner is much tougher than a linex or rhino etc.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a guy here in the office order and get a 2012 F-150 with the factory spray in liner and I waited and had LineX installed on my 2012 Raptor. SOOOO glad I went with LineX. Looking at them side by side just as laymen, you can see a big difference. Thickness, texture, etc. LineX beats it hands down. Not sure how the factory one will fare. Having it done by LineX cost me $25.00 more than what it would have cost me to have it done at the factory. And my dealer told me it would add 2 to 3 weeks on the delivery of the truck. I have no idea why, the dealer suggested we not have the factory do it due to the delivery delay.

teflon_jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered it on my 2013 for a couple of reasons:
1. I trusted that Ford would do a better job than the dealer (maybe falsely)
2. It comes with attachment hooks as part of the package

I still have time to change it and I'm wondering what you guys would do? I know I can order some attachment rings as a factory accessory in either black or chrome. I'd go with black to match the factory liner. I think the option is only $57.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered it on my 2013 for a couple of reasons:
1. I trusted that Ford would do a better job than the dealer (maybe falsely)
2. It comes with attachment hooks as part of the package

I still have time to change it and I'm wondering what you guys would do? I know I can order some attachment rings as a factory accessory in either black or chrome. I'd go with black to match the factory liner. I think the option is only $57.

attachment hooks come standard in every truck ford builds. not quite seeing what you mean except for the fact that ford sprays over them instead of removing them and reinstalling them afterward. Leaving them in during the spray on process is a lazy way of doing it.

Ford probably does a better job than some applicators, but some applicators dont even belong to still be in business. if you do your homework and find a good spray shop, you can beat a ford bedliner in thickness, texture and quality as mentioned above. Ford doesnt sand the beds, they just use some junk adhesion promoter and shoot on top. it is all done by a machine. i really wonder how ford is going to warranty these as well. a touch up TUBE cannot repair what a complete plural component proportioning machine can.