Is Cobb TCM worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone who ran Cobb Tune with TCM Tunning and ORA550 also with TCM Tune post their findings about both TCM tunes. Which one in your opinion is better

Ones a company that has dealt almost exclusively w/ HD FI American trucks w/ auto trannies & built their rep on that & super focused on domestics/trucks. The other is a company that built their rep in the ***/tuner then euro market & dealt more w/ manual tranny vehicles & tries to cater to pretty much everyone- you can decide for yourself based on that.

people are not getting my issue w/ Cobb- I just found it odd that they were the “first” or close to it to offer tunes for the Raptor but one of the last to address the Tranny but all along charged the same amount for 1/2 a tune & now even more for a full tune & the fact that they & so many others nonchalantly dismissed their lack of trans tuning as “unnecessary” & yet NOW they feel inclined to charge you a premium for it....so tell me, which is it- we’re ya F’n customers before w/ your half a tune or is it actually that good there’s no need for the trans tune?

IMHO if ya gonna go w/ cobb b/c of name or aesthetics/hard parts design or “peace of mind” or whatever- go through the goosetune guy on this forum so you’re actually getting some custom tuning/personal service.

watch I’ll
Get shit on again. I’m sorry- “cobb is the best tuner ever, theyre a perfect choice for a brawny offroad domestic truck w/ a brand new 10 speed auto- completely disregard their massive rep in the Subaru/mitsu/Nissan/bmw world”

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ones a company that has dealt almost exclusively w/ HD FI American trucks w/ auto trannies & built their rep on that & super focused on domestics/trucks. The other is a company that built their rep in the ***/tuner then euro market & dealt more w/ manual tranny vehicles & tries to cater to pretty much everyone- you can decide for yourself based on that.

people are not getting my issue w/ Cobb- I just found it odd that they were the “first” or close to it to offer tunes for the Raptor but one of the last to address the Tranny but all along charged the same amount for 1/2 a tune & now even more for a full tune & the fact that they & so many others nonchalantly dismissed their lack of trans tuning as “unnecessary” & yet NOW they feel inclined to charge you a premium for it....so tell me, which is it- we’re ya F’n customers before w/ your half a tune or is it actually that good there’s no need for the trans tune?

IMHO if ya gonna go w/ cobb b/c of name or aesthetics/hard parts design or “peace of mind” or whatever- go through the goosetune guy on this forum so you’re actually getting some custom tuning/personal service.

watch I’ll
Get shit on again. I’m sorry- “cobb is the best tuner ever, theyre a perfect choice for a brawny offroad domestic truck w/ a brand new 10 speed auto- completely disregard their massive rep in the Subaru/mitsu/Nissan/bmw world”
Dude for god sake I didnt ask for life story and history on COBB or other tuners. I just asked for personal experience whoever ran both TCM tunes. That was it. I dont need history of COBB or other tuner and what they charge or dont. All I need is personal experiance same as before people using MPT Trans Tune went with COBB TCM Tune because it was more refined. Now all I need is opinions between ORA TCM Tune and COBB TCM Tune. No need to take out your beef against anyone because that what you did ... instead of answering my question.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score

watch I’ll
The only thing ppl will disregard is the village idiot that post in this thread

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude for god sake I didnt ask for life story and history on COBB or other tuners. I just asked for personal experience whoever ran both TCM tunes. That was it. I dont need history of COBB or other tuner and what they charge or dont. All I need is personal experiance same as before people using MPT Trans Tune went with COBB TCM Tune because it was more refined. Now all I need is opinions between ORA TCM Tune and COBB TCM Tune. No need to take out your beef against anyone because that what you did ... instead of answering my question.
I'm in the same boat you are but I care more about my warranty than power numbers for that reason and that reason alone I think I am leaning towards ora. Like you though I would love to hear comparisons

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally...i wish my tune did not have the transmission tune on it.

I actually liked the way the 10 speed works with the skip shifting. Made driving so much smoother. There are times when i wish i could have the stock tune.

SRPRACING

Reaction score
The ORA tune is VERY refined. Always in the right gear and power when you need it. Best part is the truck is never lugged.

Both are exceptional tunes but I personally went with ORA since I worked with gearhead in the past on many vehicles. Both tunes have had in-depth work done to them to ensure reliability.

I cannot say much about the COBB TCM Tune since I’ve never ran the tcm tune. But COBB do know their stuff and from what I have been reading, it’s a big improvement over stock.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally...i wish my tune did not have the transmission tune on it.

I actually liked the way the 10 speed works with the skip shifting. Made driving so much smoother. There are times when i wish i could have the stock tune.

what trans/ tune you have ?

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but great things with COBB/TCM tunes!! Pair COBB with the GOOSE tune and hang the hell on lol