Is Anyone Using This ProClip Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few of these, and really like them. I have the mount part on the vent to the left of my screen at the bottom right of the vent and it works perfectly. If you use the round metal part on the top part of your phone by the camera lens it doesn't mess with the wireless charge. Much cheaper, obviously, but it held my phone just fine over some rough trails last weekend and I was impressed. Plus it's easy to remove or move around if you want. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0743K3VG4/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Damn. First, thank you. I'm always looking for the best and at times out of the ordinary. I've tried more mounting options than you can shake a stick at. I've had proclips in multiple vehicles and every other company also, squeeze mounts, magnetic, you name it. Rennline makes one that's very similar to this and I loved it. Super clean install, etc.

Unfortunately, and why I started my reply with "damn," is the very reason I won't go with the BuiltRite again. I broke clips, probably 2, when I pulled the storage tray assembly out and it never sat tight again and rattled like nuts, especially in Moab. Sonofabitch, and I like it, I do.

Lux Interior

Reaction score
I had the pro clip with the go pro mount. I used an extender to put the go pro a little higher up. I did not use the sticky tape for the mount and it moved a little left on the dash on the trail but no big deal.
I switched to builtright because I also wanted to mount my iPad mini.
and yes, I also broke a clip installing. I drilled through the mat but I also bought a replacement mat in case I remove before selling.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the pro clip with the go pro mount. I used an extender to put the go pro a little higher up. I did not use the sticky tape for the mount and it moved a little left on the dash on the trail but no big deal.
I switched to builtright because I also wanted to mount my iPad mini.
and yes, I also broke a clip installing. I drilled through the mat but I also bought a replacement mat in case I remove before selling.

I also drilled through the mat. I left the BuiltRite tray and the two balls on the center console. They never even looked at it when I traded it in. They don’t even know it’s there. They also didn’t see lower grill cutout for light. My experience trading in about 10 vehicles in last 5 years is they barely look at it.

Last edited:

fultonj

Reaction score
Damn. First, thank you. I'm always looking for the best and at times out of the ordinary. I've tried more mounting options than you can shake a stick at. I've had proclips in multiple vehicles and every other company also, squeeze mounts, magnetic, you name it. Rennline makes one that's very similar to this and I loved it. Super clean install, etc.

Unfortunately, and why I started my reply with "damn," is the very reason I won't go with the BuiltRite again. I broke clips, probably 2, when I pulled the storage tray assembly out and it never sat tight again and rattled like nuts, especially in Moab. Sonofabitch, and I like it, I do.

Just as an FYI...I did something similar with my BuiltRite, and removed it. I then bought replacement clips (link below) and replaced the ones I broke. Now it fits like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FW25CGD/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

fultonj

Reaction score

Also, what I l
One thing to note about the magnetic mounts - they do work really well, but if you wirelessly charge your phone, the metal plates often prevent the wireless charging from working.
There was another post about this recently: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/cell-phone-mount.76629/#post-1490847

This is true- I just take it out of the case at night. However, what's nice about this one is you can attach the multiple cradles, including the iOttie (which I have for off road) to either minimize movement on a trail, or, attach their wireless charging mount. It definitely isn't for everyone, but it's pretty versatile.