Is anyone running this exhaust set up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayne Lee

Reaction score
I have been researching and I have not had any luck. I wanted to reach out to you all on this forum hoping someone may have information on a set up I was thinking about doing. Many of us are unhappy with the sound of the exhaust on our Raptors. I am not unhappy, but I would like a little more growl... if you know what I mean. I have always like the Magnaflow products because it has a more moderate growl.

Now to my question... Does anyone have a resonator delete with the Magnaflow D-Fit #19465 muffler?

I have read that this Magnaflow muffler with the resonator makes very little difference. I did not want the loud raspy or annoying loud sound (maybe if I could turn back 20+ years...lol). I was concerned if I lose the resonator that I may get that way (too loud). Any insight would be helpful. I see that Magnaflow sells a catback system, but I was wanting to retain my stock tips and just get the mid section and muffler, but Magnaflow does not sell the resonator delete. So as I said I was looking at the possibility of getting this Magnaflow product then a resonator delete kit (not sure who from at this point).

All insight on this muffler and a good resonator delete kit would be appreciated and helpful.

Thank you.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll stick my head up out of the fox hole..... Where is the correct section of the forum? Because I don't see where it would fit better either.

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I'm confused too since this is the engine performance section. I don't have feedback on the Magnaflow but I'm happy with my Borla.

tomcruise

Reaction score
The D-fit is probably going to be loud enough for you, now that I have about 3k miles on mine I would say that it has gotten louder than when I first put it on. I would get the d-fit and run it for a while and see how you like it. If it still isn't loud enough you can have a muffler shop chop the res and weld in straight pipes. If its too loud without the res you could always put in a couple smaller bullet type mufflers where the res was. Here is a whole thread on the D-fit muffler:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/magnaflow-d-fit-muffler-19465.75777/

Sara/AWE

Reaction score
We have seen a lot of guys looking for a nice sound upgrade consider our 2FG H-Pipe. $499 and built in Pennsylvania. Keeps your stock mid-pipes and tail pipes.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have seen a lot of guys looking for a nice sound upgrade consider our 2FG H-Pipe. $499 and built in Pennsylvania. Keeps your stock mid-pipes and tail pipes.

Yep I have that exhaust and like it, it's been on for at least 2000 miles and going strong. I haven't found it to be too raspy, there is a drone spot around 40mph but thankfully its easy to get out of that by giving it a little gas.

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Borla S - Type, not as load as the AWE but no drone. I think having a CAI also impacts the sound too, just a high flow filter would make it quieter (at least in the cabin). I have the full cutback with carbon tips.