Is anyone here cross-shopping other vehicles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know many cross shop this to the TRX, and the Raptor R (if it ever becomes available), but what else are you looking at?
I know most here buy specifically for an off-road truck, but I think many buy it because they need a truck, but also something that is off-road capable. Off road is a relative term that means something different to everyone. As I shop, I looked at:
Raptor and R
TRX
Trackhawk
Durango hellcat
GMC Yukon
… and now the Escalade V

All of these vehicles would handle my off-road needs, and towing. The Escalade V stands out right now, so that may be what we go with. I can order that soon, so we will see if Raptor R news breaks before then.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a trackhawk and Durango hellcat can fill your off-road needs, do you really “need” an off-road vehicle like a Raptor or TRX? Not judging, but if I owned one of those SRT vehicles, it wouldn’t ever leave a paved road. There’s just not enough ground clearance, not to mention the other off road areas it lacks in

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I know many cross shop this to the TRX, and the Raptor R (if it ever becomes available), but what else are you looking at?
I know most here buy specifically for an off-road truck, but I think many buy it because they need a truck, but also something that is off-road capable. Off road is a relative term that means something different to everyone. As I shop, I looked at:
Raptor and R
TRX
Trackhawk
Durango hellcat
GMC Yukon
… and now the Escalade V

All of these vehicles would handle my off-road needs, and towing. The Escalade V stands out right now, so that may be what we go with. I can order that soon, so we will see if Raptor R news breaks before then.

You would take the high performance Caddy V off road? Even the Trackhawk and Durango I went really put those in the off road category. The raptor and trx are the only off road capable vehicles you mentioned.

OP
OP
D

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a trackhawk and Durango hellcat can fill your off-road needs, do you really “need” an off-road vehicle like a Raptor or TRX? Not judging, but if I owned one of those SRT vehicles, it wouldn’t ever leave a paved road. There’s just not enough ground clearance, not to mention the other off road areas it lacks in

See, that was what I was getting at. Off-road means different things to different people. For what I would do off-road, these vehicles I am shopping can do exactly what I need. Also, my use case is approximately 90% on road use. All vehicles on my list can manage my use case with no issue. I did not consider a tremor/fx4, or the chevy/ram similar items since they were not much cheaper.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cross shop for Limited and lightning here:) Shopping for Raptors just because they look so cool.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I shopped and searched and have waited patiently on Ford but so far it has just left me truckless I finally broke down and went to test drive the TRX. I was given permission to purchase if I so felt like it. After waiting 7 years for a Raptor V8 I now have a TRX. Since selling my Raptor so my wife could have a Hellcat charger I wanted a truck again. Now at least I can give some perspective on the two. The Raptor ride was slightly better in their V8. But the power of the TRX is all I can say WOW. Now the TRX at least feels bigger more room inside and at least the refinement of the two is very comparable. Other than feeling like a point and shoot missile the TRX and Raptor are very comparable. Neither one feels far superior to the other. If I gave the Raptor 8 out of 10 score the TRX would be the exact same. The power of the 700 horsepower truly comes on all at once. All I can say is grip that steering wheel and hold on tight. Now your not going to floor it everywhere you go, but it's fun when you do. Myself sick of waiting on Ford for a V8 find that the TRX leaves buyers an option to not have to say one day, I should have bought a V8. For me though they are both winners..

Attachments

• 20220128_132125.jpg
    20220128_132125.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220128_132139.jpg
    20220128_132139.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220128_132106.jpg
    20220128_132106.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
D

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waing for Ranger Raptor,hope same engine at F150 Raptor!
Will be interesting to see. To me, if the current 3.5 eco (or even the 3L eco) goes in the ranger, that will be a sad admission by ford that the engine was meant for midsize vehicles. This will be ford waving the flag on power train as they come back to the f150 R as a v8. Just very interesting spin by ford

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see. To me, if the current 3.5 eco (or even the 3L eco) goes in the ranger, that will be a sad admission by ford that the engine was meant for midsize vehicles. This will be ford waving the flag on power train as they come back to the f150 R as a v8. Just very interesting spin by ford
The only "intersting spin" is that you haven't been banned yet again @Kuan, @Predator Raptor, @Azrael. It's long past time for you to "admit" that and go away. The current 3.5 EcoBoost has never been used in any "midsize" vehicle. In fact, the F-150 with the highest tow rating is the 3.5. That's per SAE J2807. "To you" is irrelevant, you're a sasquatch77 troll.