Is a new 2019 MSRP $76,000 FOR $65,000 a good price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis2019rr

Reaction score
I found my ideal optioned truck new 2019 dealer demo with 1200 miles. They want $65,000 msrp is $76,000 is this a good price?

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located?

You can get new 2020's with no miles for close to that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found my ideal optioned truck new 2019 dealer demo with 1200 miles. They want $65,000 msrp is $76,000 is this a good price?

14.5% discount from msrp seems pretty good. I bought my 2019 Mar 6th at 15.5% off msrp. Seeing as the one you are looking at is a demo with 1200 miles on it, maybe try getting them down lower but looking at what others are posting on getting, $11k is pretty good. Maybe they would throw in an extended warranty or a tonneau or something like that to sweeten the deal.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be wary of any "demo" car ... Much less a "dealer demo". I just imagine people ragging on it before it's up to operating temperature and generally just not caring for it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much more work are you willing to do? How much are you willing to compromise on the options? Are the options you want popular with dealers when they order? If you like the moonroof, you're golden. Hate it, and you're very limited in your choices. How far are you willing to travel to get a deal? Only you can answer these questions. If I answered those for myself, I'd probably buy it. It's easy to be swayed by hearing about great deals, but if they're in East BF, or if they have hated options, that doesn't help you. My sense from just buying in Colorado is that the dealers in Denver who are still locked down are getting motivated.

If you do opt to keep searching, someone here pointed out that the Ford inventory search tool can be made to search a 500 mile radius by changing the URL. It worked really well and made searching inventory in East BF much easier. It's a little out of date, I bought on Thursday and am watching my truck on the tool to see how long it takes for Ford.com to update. It's still shown in the search results, but if I click through to the dealer website, it's gone. There was(still is) a very lightly optioned 802A shown that I was interested in that has acted that way for more than three weeks, so the tool may be fairly out of date.

0hmygee

Reaction score
How much more work are you willing to do? How much are you willing to compromise on the options? Are the options you want popular with dealers when they order? If you like the moonroof, you're golden. Hate it, and you're very limited in your choices. How far are you willing to travel to get a deal? Only you can answer these questions. If I answered those for myself, I'd probably buy it. It's easy to be swayed by hearing about great deals, but if they're in East BF, or if they have hated options, that doesn't help you. My sense from just buying in Colorado is that the dealers in Denver who are still locked down are getting motivated.

If you do opt to keep searching, someone here pointed out that the Ford inventory search tool can be made to search a 500 mile radius by changing the URL. It worked really well and made searching inventory in East BF much easier. It's a little out of date, I bought on Thursday and am watching my truck on the tool to see how long it takes for Ford.com to update. It's still shown in the search results, but if I click through to the dealer website, it's gone. There was(still is) a very lightly optioned 802A shown that I was interested in that has acted that way for more than three weeks, so the tool may be fairly out of date.
Can you provide the link for the searching the inventory?
THX :)