Is a catch Can necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal__RAPTOR

Reaction score
I’m going to be buying a 2022 37 pp in the next few weeks. I’ve been reading about people installing catch cans. Is that something that is needed? And any specific ones that are recommended? Not worried on price just want to make sure I get a good one. TIA.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve seen many videos of catch can installs, people showing the crap they catch, etc. I’m not a mechanic, far from it, but in the 50+ vehicles I’ve owned over the last few decades I’ve never had nor needed one.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are not "NECESSARY". They are however beneficial in keeping blow-by from coating shit and going back threw your combustion process. Install it correctly, check it often and you benefit from it, even if just a little. It's for people who want to go the extra mile for their truck. Few people just installed a Ford one on here, look for those threads. Hell do a search and watch all the bickering for fun.

Last edited: