Is a basic k & n air filter worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, did you read the quote I underlined? You are blindly pounding the key, stupid.

Well, honestly, I didn't comment on the parts you underlined because I thought those two points, when addressed, would REALLY make you look bad, not that aren't doing just fine in your own...

The part about getting the paper filter directly wet and/or muddy. Now I know you think you have more experience than me and maybe you do buy my 30+ years of driving in every condition imaginable, in over 80 different vehicles, I have NEVER seen that happen. Almost unheard of in a vehicle with a proper airbox. When it happens on your exposed filter though, rest assured the dirt and water get sucked right into your engine.

Again, your plan sounds great, go ahead on it!

The silly quote about probably flowing more air... Did you read the rest of it, I assume you did since you posted it? Immediately following the sentence you underlined is a big BUT...

" BUT, Our trucks CAN'T flow that much air unless super-modified, so what is the point?"

Even on a SC truck I wouldn't be running a dirt dumping K&N. Try AFE dry media, lots of better options than shit K&N filters.

This silly notion you have about tuning for an air filter? Seriously? You are now advocating dumping more dirt through your motor, bumping the timing up for a couple hp you will never feel, except in your wallet later when your engine wears out prematurely. Another brilliant plan, you have outsmarted Fords engineers once again. Maybe you should ask them for a job in the performance division. You could be in charge of K&N filter installs....LOL

They are just junk and advocating for them puts your advice in the same category, junk.

Maybe you should try some cool, clean, thin air yourself. That big city smog is obviously clouding your brain. In your quest for ultimate performance, I think you should just give up on air filters altogether. Clearly your need for speed is more important than keeping your engine clean. You are almost there, and you know there is more power if you just ditch it, I really think you should go all the way, just ditch it, be that big man you are pretending to be from behind that keyboard, show us all you stud!

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snowsled;1269315 said:
LMAO REALLY.... I took 2 seconds to look at your post history and YOU seem to attach a lot of people and guess what all from behind your key board.
just sayin.

now I have no idea if any or all your points are true or correct I didn't read any of the threads and you could be right every time but why be such a **** hiding behind your key board? you remind me of truck razor all talk.
state you points and move on.
go search MTF posts Id bet most are him trying to help someone, I have not seem him puff up on anyone until here where you attacked him and I don't blame him for that I do the same.
aren't you the guy that bashed R1 rotors BUT you never even owned a set? LMAO

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO REALLY.... I took 2 seconds to look at your post history and YOU seem to attach a lot of people and guess what all from behind your key board.
just sayin.

2 seconds... really? Thanks for the deep consideration before passing judgment.

now I have no idea if any or all your points are true or correct I didn't read any of the threads and you could be right every time but why be such a **** hiding behind your key board? you remind me of truck razor all talk.
state you points and move on.

Some say...I am a **** all of the time, not just behind my keyboard.

I have been stating my points. Then MTF responds, since he disagrees. It is called discussion. You added nothing to it.

go search MTF posts Id bet most are him trying to help someone, I have not seem him puff up on anyone until here where you attacked him and I don't blame him for that I do the same.
aren't you the guy that bashed R1 rotors BUT you never even owned a set? LMAO

So I am not good to respond to him calling me stupid? Relax, it is the internet. I am sure MTF is a stand up guy and he rolls a sweet Raptor but none of that makes him right about K&N filters.

You should read the brake thread, pretty sure Freedom instigated that one.

Anyway, you should really just chalk it up to internet humor. Taking some pokes back and forth shouldn't *** your undies so. Maybe hang at the f150 forum, they are pretty uptight, you might fit in good there.

I don't have any ill will toward MTF or anybody else that posted. Just having some fun on the internet. It appears fun is dying here too...