Is a basic k & n air filter worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had several vehicles with the K&N panel and round oiled air filters.
Had one in my Raptor for a year and three months before Whipple was finished with the kit.

Yes, we already covered that and I conceded that with your VAST experience listed here, you are clearly THE air filter wizard...

Let me get this straight, you are saying the performance shops that did bench flow test are lying?
That's a good one kid. LMAO

Show me where exactly I said that you silly old codger. Ooops, I never did but, you keep fishing for something to support your unsupportable claims. Since we are nearly the same age, spare me the "kid" comments city boy.

Let me also make it clear, this test is all about making the GM AC Delco filter look good.
Copied from the test web page.

Note the word "our"

"Hopefully the results of this test will do 2 things. Shed some light on the misleading marketing claims of some aftermarket manufacturers and/or give us new insight on products already on the market that are superior to our OE filter. I stand for truth and will eat my words publicly if my statements prove wrong. I appreciate all of the help and support that you members have offered in this project. It would simply be impossible without your help. A huge thanks to Ken at Testand for his willingness to take on this project. I would be spinning my wheels from here to eternity without his help… SPICER”

Here's two more good point he makes:

Now I am not saying that ALL aftermarket filters are useless. A paper filter does not do well if directly wetted or muddy. It may collapse. This is why many off-road filters are foam. It is a compromise between filtering efficiency and protection from a collapsed filter. Now how many of our trucks collapse their filters from mud and water? However, if a filter is using "better airflow" as their marketing tool, remember this....Does it flow better? At very high airflow volumes, probably. BUT, Our trucks CAN'T flow that much air unless super-modified, so what is the point? The stock filter will flow MORE THAN ENOUGH AIR to give you ALL THE HORSEPOWER the engine has to give. And this remains true until the filter is dirty enough to trip the air filter life indicator. At that point performance will decline somewhat. Replace the filter and get on with it.

Well I am glad to see you finally got your spectacles out of the drawer and actually READ some of thee test.

They never even did a high volume test. Really, this is a joke!
So in other words if you have a ************* truck and don't care about performance "their" stock filter is good enough.
But you go on trying to support your Kool-Aid stand. I do get a good laugh though, thanks!

Have a happy life.

There you go again... Did you comprehend the part you quoted where it says all of the filters tested flow more air than the engine can handle? If you are going to quote it, and it contradicts your point, you realize that makes you look stupid right? Clearly you like being in that position though...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well your sure behaving like a kid throwing a tantrum.

And there you go again, your assumptions no one is going to Tune the truck.
But you go on, everybody is on line at your Kool aid stand. LOL

I think the air is a little too thin, are you ok?

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are you two turds still at this?

if someone wants to let more garbage into their motor for minimal gains, have at it.

you get way more air if you just remove the filter completely.
(mind blown)

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you two turds still at this?

if someone wants to let more garbage into their motor for minimal gains, have at it.

you get way more air if you just remove the filter completely.
(mind blown)

Yeah, isn't mtf one of the weep hole pundits as well?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't even own a EB. Smart guy

If I did but wouldn't, I'd look at both side of that as well.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There you go again... Did you comprehend the part you quoted where it says all of the filters tested flow more air than the engine can handle? If you are going to quote it, and it contradicts your point, you realize that makes you look stupid right? Clearly you like being in that position though...

Really, did you read the quote I underlined? You are blindly pounding the key, stupid.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Yeah, he's been there so often it feels like home.

Once or twice I made an honest mistake and I said so.
If I'm 100% wrong here I will admit it but I'm not

So you continue to be a smart ass, your right in line with snowflake.