Is 37 PP a must have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tagging onto this with a question... and it may sound absurd but do the 35s on gen 3 look big and "right proportion" in real life?

In some pics the 35s can look a bit small due to the more beefy squared off front end of the gen 3s. I have generally chopped that up to iphone, lens, or poor angles. add to that all of the professional press photos are 37 packages

Due to there being basically no inventory anywhere, i haven't gotten a chance to walk around a gen 3 35. I have only seen them passing on the road here and there.

Last edited:

SoCalDawg

Reaction score
I am a bit late to the party on this post, but I thought I would share my thoughts. Having test driven both and done some research and decided against the 37 in favor of the 35. My reasons are as follows. Number one the 37 feels lumbering on the road versus the zippy responsive feeling of the 35. Also, The 37 package nukes the RTI 100 points. I’m not willing to give up that much articulation for an inch of ground clearance. Finally, this will be a family vehicle for me and the thought of blowing a 37” tire at highway speeds is not something I want to experience. The 35 is perfect for me and my family. I also didn’t like the 37 tires looked thin from the front, but looked like a sumo wrestler, hugging a hot dog from the side. Don’t get me wrong, they look big and bad ass but to me, they just look forced. I know this won’t be popular.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same, I was pretty die hard want 37 package fool and was quite disappointed when my Raptor did not come that way and was trying to figure out how to upgrade it. Long and short of it....glad I did not. There is a marked difference in the responsiveness of mine VS the 37pp I drove at Raptor Assault. In all my adventures, ie, NOT a pavement princess, nothing I have done so far did I wish I had that extra inch. Places where maybe? Well just steer a tad left or right and pick a tad different line. I did not like the firmness of the RECARO seats either. I also would have worried about the longevity of the velure RECARO uses. I do think the 37pp wheels are pretty cool but not cool enough to change from the nice bead lock wheels that came with her.

As I have said in other posts. My Raptor is the most comfortable, easy to drive, make off roading simple rig I have ever owned. And with over 50 years driving experience that equals a shat load of other rigs.

Obtaining a Raptor for me was a pure stroke of good fortune. It's way out of my normal price range and I count myself very luck. Knowing my history, I will probably NEVER sell or trade her in. I still have the last "new" Ford I bought....in 1991 so the Raptor is for keeps.

glassbarrel

Reaction score
After driving the 37 pp trucks at Raptor Assault, I am quite happy with out that option on mine. The Recaro seats felt pretty hard after a day in them and were collecting oils from peoples forearms on the suede in trucks with less than 1000 miles on them. The 37's grant you that tad bit of approach angle but I have never touched metal on mine while crawling around the rocks, maybe I am just too cautious. Driving and handling I could not tell any difference on or off road. I do LOVE the wheels that Ford used on the 37's though. Hope to find a set for mine someday.
I’m going to RA in March hoping to help me decide if my next one should be 37 or 35. I ordered a 2023 with Recaros because I’m not a fan of the black seats in my 2022. They feel squishy and not supportive. GM seats are more similar to Recaros and I’m a GM guy who just went to the dark side because the raptor is so awesome lol