Is 10k markup ok for 37 AG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atxdronalist

Reaction score
Hi y’all,
Is 10k acceptable markup on a 23 Raptor with 37” package, avalanche gray?
These 37’s are hard to find, and since I’m limiting myself to only the avalanche color even more so. Can anyone share their thoughts on the blue recaro seats? Are they nice and worth the price? I had a 2020 Raptor 802A and those seats were great.

ktownsensation

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im guessing from the y'all your located in the USA, but up here in canada I can find at least 4 -5 37" packages in the area I live and can be got with no markup. I have been watching the lots as Raptors have come in and flew off the lot the same day for the last couple years. But as of the last 6 months the same 7 have sat on the dealer lot here. Im guessing people have finally decided the price and interest isn't worth it right now. Paying 10 USD over for a truck or any vehicle for that matter seems insane. Also unless you have the full amount and your not financing the rates are way to high to dump that kinda money on a depreciating asset. I love my raptor but dont want a new one that much to overpay. Just my two cents. If you got the cash and just want the truck well then go for it.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi y’all,
These 37’s are hard to find, and since I’m limiting myself to only the avalanche color even more so. Can anyone share their thoughts on the blue recaro seats? Are they nice and worth the price? I had a 2020 Raptor 802A and those seats were great.
I have the recaros in mine and love them. I had them in my 2020 as well and feel like they are better than those were. As far as price goes only you can answer that. I paid $5k over on my 37pp but some people will say there is no way they would even do that. To each their own but avoiding the headache and tracking foolishness it was worth it to me to just get the truck I wanted now versus possibly never getting it. If the truck checks all your boxes and 10k isn't a big deal then go for it. If it is missing an option you'd prefer I may keep looking for one that has everything you want. I don't imagine a 10k markup would be a diamond in the rough and that's a deal that could easily be found again if need be.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Rhapsody blue Recaro not only look stunning, but the comfort is unexpectedly satisfying. A local dealer told me I didn't want those, too sporty and uncomfortable. Glad I didn't listen. Almost hate to leave them once in the driveway and go sit in my flexsteel powered leather recliner in my house. If only they had massage like my king ranch...I would sleep in my raptor.

bluesmurf

Reaction score
Hi y’all,
Absolutely not a wise financial buy.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
It is ultimately your call, none of us know your financial situation. But the economy is not looking good and interest rates are still going up. It does not matter what seats or options it has. The bottom line is this has to be your decision. There is plenty of us here that will tell you how to spend your money. That being said, I don't think I would in this market. I don't think you could get your 10 K ADM back if you needed to sell. If the 10K does not matter, then go for it.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I as well am seeing 35's sitting on lots for weeks and 37's are sitting too. the 35's are going for msrp sitting that long. I think a month ago the 37's were barely squeaking 10. now they seem to be down to 5. at least by me. if you don't like the options on it wait til you find what you want and if its not a must wait another month or so. msrp is around the corner. except on the R. just nowhere enough production on that one yet, may never be.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting a 37 now for MSRP is like finding the 35 a few months ago at MSRP. Takes patience and timing. I just picked up an avalanche 37 at MSRP while got what I paid for my 35 (MSRP) on trade.

Interest rates really have the auto industry slowing down but like the saying goes. Personal finance is personal. I can’t justify literally throwing $10,000 out the window as it’s already a depreciating asset. 164D3EC0-485E-4A48-AC9A-3383CB2EEBD2.jpeg

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Rhapsody blue Recaro not only look stunning, but the comfort is unexpectedly satisfying. A local dealer told me I didn't want those, too sporty and uncomfortable. Glad I didn't listen. Almost hate to leave them once in the driveway and go sit in my flexsteel powered leather recliner in my house. If only they had massage like my king ranch...I would sleep in my raptor.
Weird how some dealers talk down the Recaro's. When I ordered mine, the dealer strongly recommended against the seats, especially since I was getting Race Red paint. Once it came in, all the dealer people were going on about how nice the seats were and what a nice order it was. Come to find out the dealer had been ordering all the Raptors as THEY wanted them and had never ordered, or even seen, the Recaro package in person! They are also stuck on everything HAS TO HAVE a sunroof. I didn't order one and I'm glad I didn't.