Ironman M/T Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to Raptor world.

I’ve been doing a ton of research here on A/T and M/T tires, but have never seen anyone mention these Ironman M/T’s.

They’re substantially cheaper than any Coopes, Mickeys, Nittos, Toyos, etc.

They have fantastic reviews on the website.

For what it’s worth I’ll mention my general truck use. Mostly paved driving. I live in PA where we get a lot of snow and rain. And I use my truck for camping and hunting which requires some trail driving but nothing serious.

I feel like these tires would be plenty sufficient for me!

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth my tire shop refuses to sell them even though they are cheap, they don’t balence well in lager sizes either.
If you want a quality discount tire look at Hercules. They make a hybrid called the TG max and a mud tire. They are good tires.

KAH 24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to Raptor world.

I’ve been doing a ton of research here on A/T and M/T tires, but have never seen anyone mention these Ironman M/T’s.

They’re substantially cheaper than any Coopes, Mickeys, Nittos, Toyos, etc.

They have fantastic reviews on the website.

For what it’s worth I’ll mention my general truck use. Mostly paved driving. I live in PA where we get a lot of snow and rain. And I use my truck for camping and hunting which requires some trail driving but nothing serious.

I feel like these tires would be plenty sufficient for me!

I’d recommend an A/T tire (or AT/MT “hybrid”)—unless you are dead set on the looks of a mud tire.

Why:

1. You are mostly on pavement. A/T does better.
2. You get a lot of snow/rain in PA. A/T does better.
3. Your off-reading is mostly modest trail driving. A/T should handle anything unless you go mud bogging.

I daily drive my Raptor and would never choose a mud tire under the conditions you describe.

My AEV Rubicon has BFG Mud Terrain KM2—not a daily driver, but mostly a garage queen. If I daily drove it—I’d switch to an all-terrain in a heartbeat primarily due to rain performance (or snow if I ever expected it).

NOTE: I’m sure there are some who prefer mud tires on pavement and in rain/snow—get their opinions as well.

Good luck with your decision!

OP
OP
Spyderpb3

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
I’d recommend an A/T tire (or AT/MT “hybrid”)—unless you are dead set on the looks of a mud tire.

Why:

1. You are mostly on pavement. A/T does better.
2. You get a lot of snow/rain in PA. A/T does better.
3. Your off-reading is mostly modest trail driving. A/T should handle anything unless you go mud bogging.

I daily drive my Raptor and would never choose a mud tire under the conditions you describe.

My AEV Rubicon has BFG Mud Terrain KM2—not a daily driver, but mostly a garage queen. If I daily drove it—I’d switch to an all-terrain in a heartbeat primarily due to rain performance (or snow if I ever expected it).

NOTE: I’m sure there are some who prefer mud tires on pavement and in rain/snow—get their opinions as well.

Good luck with your decision!
Good info for sure, thank you man I appreciate it.

GoDucks

Reaction score
Two things I never go cheap on, tires and brakes. I always buy named brand tires. Not saying you won't find good tires made by a lesser known company. A good AT that is a good value that I loved on my old truck was the General Grabber ATX.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 14 screw it had Ironman MT tires that the dealership had put on. I hated them on the highway. So I changed out and sold to a local landscaper who put them on his Dodge. He got may 10k miles and could not balance. I would not recommend at all. Get one of the good hybrids if you plan on any mud at all.

OP
OP
Spyderpb3

Spyderpb3

Reaction score