Iphone 7 and bluetooth - disconnecting during call

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haskal

Reaction score
Hi @guitarist982 sorry for your problem, I have the same with my iPhone 7.......
Where you download the 3.10?? I can´t find it and I want to update mine and see if it finally works...
Thanks so much!!

guitarist982

Reaction score
@Haskal search 'ford sync 3.10 2gfusions' on google. First link should be a thread on a Fusion forum that has links to downloads and some limited instructions on updating splash screen, etc.

I would caution you that I don't believe this is an officially supported Ford release, especially when pulling it off the web, so you may save yourself the trouble as it does not rectify the issue - at least in my case. A 45 min conversation this morning disconnected no less than 6 times with Sync 3.10 (iPhone 7 plus at 10.3.2).

Me2

Reaction score
@Haskal search 'ford sync 3.10 2gfusions' on google. First link should be a thread on a Fusion forum that has links to downloads and some limited instructions on updating splash screen, etc.

I would caution you that I don't believe this is an officially supported Ford release, especially when pulling it off the web, so you may save yourself the trouble as it does not rectify the issue - at least in my case. A 45 min conversation this morning disconnected no less than 6 times with Sync 3.10 (iPhone 7 plus at 10.3.2).

That sucks. Mine has been working great since installing 3.10. I have yet to have any issues with calls, it will read my text messages, and I can use SIRI with a long press of the voice command button on the steering wheel.

OP
OP
B

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@guitarist982

FWIW, my dealer updated me to 3.10 and replaced the APIM module (warranty). Didn't do the trick. Phone still disconnects.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
My iphone 7 is doing the exact same thing. Drops connection to the sync and then reconnects during calls. It appears completely random. It only started doing it a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what changed. Sync version is the same. I'd love to know the solution. It doesn't drop in my other vehicles. Seems like a Powered by Microsoft issue...

guitarist982

Reaction score
Figured I'd bump this in case anyone is still looking for potential solutions to this issue. iOS 11 is what worked for me. Still running my same iPhone 7 plus and 3.10 version of sync, but haven't dropped a single call since updating nearly a month ago.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
Figured I'd bump this in case anyone is still looking for potential solutions to this issue. iOS 11 is what worked for me. Still running my same iPhone 7 plus and 3.10 version of sync, but haven't dropped a single call since updating nearly a month ago.

Yep. iOS 11 has fixed my problem too.

Jimster58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had intermittent issues with the phone not connecting via Bluetooth when making/receiving a call (iPhone 6S). The other day, screen went black while driving, Sync performed maintenance autonomously, everything came back to "normal". Later made a couple of calls, with the same intermittent annoyances, but it connected and audio worked through Bluetooth connection. Well, a couple of days ago, something new - it worked, but with no audio. Outgoing or incoming calls. Deleted the phone, deleted the phone Sync entries, re-paired it - no change. Finally - just did a Master Reset in Sync, re-paired the phone, now everything works perfectly.

Really odd thing - when I bought the truck (used), the dash guages would dim for no reason, color would fade on the touchscreen, then randomly come back to normal - on my list of things to fix. The reset seemed to resolve that issue, as well.

Last edited: