IPC chime and rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetalDaze

Reaction score
2019 SCAB with B&O.

For a while now, I've had the intermittent issue where chimes come through the IPC instead of the speakers. I read that this can happen for a variety of reasons and it usually goes back to normal after a day or two.

However, over the last month or so, it has been persistent. I searched around some more and saw another 2019 owner report a bad back speaker. I adjusted the fade and sure enough, no sound from the back. Had it diagnosed at the dealer and they replaced both back speakers. Maybe there was a bad batch?

Thought it would be worth sharing for anyone else that has the intermittent IPC chime. Get those speakers checked out before your warranty expires!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was from low battery. I’ve only had it happen once or twice in three years. 2017 SCAB

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed this happening more frequently in my 2019 SCREW when I would remote start which I have been doing more often lately. I also heard the chime sound issue happens when Sync doesn’t properly load up when starting the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s usually an idiosyncrasy of an initial reading of voltage; if it’s “low”, you get chimes through the dash speaker only for the life of the ignition cycle. Sometimes you can immediately power off / power on and it will reset. If voltage is consistently “low” it stays with the dash speaker until voltage gets sufficient to run via the speakers. Basically.

It doesn’t mean your battery voltage is necessarily low, it’s the computer’s sensing of voltage and range that is responsible for the “decision” to use the dash speaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20