iPad used for GPS offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
oh man i didnt know i could get topo mounts on my ipad. I got a slow ipad 1 for city navigon but never knew there are the gps apps. for sure will be gettin them!!

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an IPAD mounted in my Raptor and use Motion X HD. You cannot beat this app for 2.99. it works great and is extremely user friendly. if you like voice navigation you pay an additional 9.99 which I prefer not using it. It is a large screen and very easy to follow visually without becoming a major distraction.

DSCN2815.jpg

DSCN2746.jpg

Last edited:

maxvdub62

Reaction score
This is where I mounted my IPAD. I really like it, the GPS app is awesome, you have to turn down the brightness at night though because it's really bright!

Attachments

• 100_0177.jpg
    100_0177.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_0178.jpg
    100_0178.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_0181.jpg
    100_0181.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 94

Jerryballs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where I mounted my IPAD. I really like it, the GPS app is awesome, you have to turn down the brightness at night though because it's really bright!

can you use offroad for plotting or following waypoints? how is the gps signal? it holds well off road? Thats a great looking setup..looks like it belongs there!

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm liking what I'm learning from you all. If I am understanding these posts correctly, you don't have to bluetooth your phone to the tablet (Android/iPad), if you are using the GPS app, you are basically saying it works like a Garmin/Tom-Tom GPS unit. All you have to do is load the address and press on, not data plan is needed. Other words Boothtooth does help when needed, but in this case not needed.

I could have saved a lot of money with going this route. DUH!

maxvdub62

Reaction score
can you use offroad for plotting or following waypoints? how is the gps signal? it holds well off road? Thats a great looking setup..looks like it belongs there!

I don't have the offroad gps yet, just the free WAZE gps for the iphone/ipad. WAZE is for city commuting gps. I want to download MotionX. That little square thing you see on the right of the ipad is the "bad elf" gps receiver.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the maps in waypoint for the Texas raptor run?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

????

I'm looking for the same so that I can use the Motion X app next month at the Run.

Thanks,

Tejas