Introduction and Mod List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Therock88

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but all that added weight counter acts the HP. I swear in one pictures, that sticker has stickers on it :p.
Yeah, you are right! Was thinking about peeling some of them off and getting my Dragy device out to see how much improvement I get 0-60 and 1/4 Mile. I am sure it will be substantial.

Also...(And I wish I was kidding)...Once on the Porsche 911 Turbo Forum I posted pictures and a thread of my bonnet/hood that I wrapped in Carbon Fiber, because I thought it looked good on my Metallic Black 911 Turbo...I also had about $30,000 in mods on the car and it was a rocket...Then some dude starts bashing me about wrapping the hood, because I just added weight to the car ;) Before I could get to him, the whole forum ripped him!...The truth is sometimes the funniest stories.

Last edited:

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you are right! Was thinking about peeling some of them off and getting my Dragy device out to see how much improvement I get 0-60 and 1/4 Mile. I am sure it will be substantial.

Also...(And I wish I was kidding)...Once on the Porsche 911 Turbo Forum I posted pictures and a thread of my bonnet/hood that I wrapped in Carbon Fiber, because I thought it looked good on my Metallic Black 911 Turbo...I also had about $30,000 in mods on the car and it was a rocket...Then some dude starts bashing me about wrapping the hood, because I just added weight to the car ;) Before I could get to him, the whole forum ripped him!...The truth is sometimes the funniest stories.
Hahaha Some people are idiots. You could have put like .1 gallons of fuel less to offset the weight.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice set of mods. What’s to come? How does it perform so far? Stay happy, do more mods!

Really a wrapped hood adding weight? Tell him you will run a gallon less gas to make up for it lol

Enjoy

OP
OP
Therock88

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice set of mods. What’s to come? How does it perform so far? Stay happy, do more mods!

Really a wrapped hood adding weight? Tell him you will run a gallon less gas to make up for it lol

Enjoy
Thank you. It performs great! Very fast and responsive...Especially for a big girl :)

The Intercooler and Water/Methanol injection help a ton, by keeping it nice and cool. And Winfield at GooseTuned was great, and spent quite a few cycles dialing it in just right with the WMI. The TCM tune is great also (I cannot believe Ford let that Transmission with that shift table/strategy leave the factory!). But with the TCM tune, it is SO much better.

As far as future mods...we will just have to see. I did all I wanted up front, so I could enjoy. As I decide I "need" or want other items, I may do more. Not much on suspension, as I do not off-road, but likely will have to get some tires at some point (due to how well it runs ..haha).

Take care,
DC

OP
OP
Therock88

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know that guy weighs 300lbs, right?
Haha...You are probably right! On another popular topic on the Sports Car forums..."How to save/reduce weight"...It is hilarious to see all of the techniques with +$1000 Anti-Gravity batteries, and removing seats etc.. So on one of those threads I suggested P90X or other Cross Fit programs me and my wife do. Cheap and healthy, and very effective...You can shave off 30 lbs., without buying the carbon fiber hood or $1000.00 battery. Did not get many takers :confused:

OP
OP
Therock88

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were smart enough to go with @GooseTuned, so you’re doing it right!

I let a buddy of mine drive my stage 2 Goosetuned/TCM truck a couple of weeks ago, he now can’t stand how slow his stock Raptor feels lol
Yes...Agree 100%. And the TCM tune makes a huge difference in how nice and "Normal" it drives. I thought the Transmission was going out when I first got it. The tune(s) cleaned that all up, and it drives great now. Very peppy too. I do have to remember to put it in 4A though...Many times I forget and my super heavy foot goes down, and it starts to squeal...Then the dirty looks start.

DC

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes...Agree 100%. And the TCM tune makes a huge difference in how nice and "Normal" it drives. I thought the Transmission was going out when I first got it. The tune(s) cleaned that all up, and it drives great now. Very peppy too. I do have to remember to put it in 4A though...Many times I forget and my super heavy foot goes down, and it starts to squeal...Then the dirty looks start.

DC
From who the wife? Lol