GEN 2 Intro - Bugout/Camping/Overlanding/Daily Driver/Money Pit-Mobile...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VLOCRPTR

Reaction score
Hello everyone. [Edit: Yes, I'll upload pictures soon, I sensed this would be an issue when I posted. :/ ]

I picked up an 8,000 mile used 2017 almost a year ago.

One of the first threads I read was from @soulsea and a lot of his initial goals were similar to mine -- I had a lot of the same preconceptions (as did he, it would appear) about what I wanted to do with the truck.

At the end of the day, it's turned into an excursion/camping and daily driver that gets a lot of stares and it's probably going to cause a lot of LOLs/choking/warnings from folks here who will just shake their heads and tell me I should have bought something other than a Raptor.

At the end of the day it's a fun distraction for me and I love working on this thing -- I've done all the installation myself with the exception of the RPG rear suspension because I didn't have a second pair of hands :)

I'll probably edit this post a bunch of times for stuff I've forgotten I've added but here's the gist:

- Leitner ACS rack system with dual gear pods (more in a second), dual gas and single water containers and maxtraxx mounts along with third support cross rail
- One pod has a secondary isolated battery unit with a whole host of BlueSea and Powertrays additions on top of the Oddessy/Genesis setup
- GoalZero 1400 LiIon rechargable power power source
- GoalZero solar panel for recharging
- The other pod has an ARB on-board compressor connected to...
- UpDownAir 4 wheel air inflation/bleed-down setup
- 20" Rigid light bar pointing backwards mounted to rear cross-bar of Leitner (don't ask :))
- Tepuis ruggedized Kukenam 4 roof top tent (+privacy skirts, LED lighting, etc.)
- ARB 8' awning with aluminum enclosure (+mosquito nets)
- DECKED storage system (lots of gear including propane stove, chairs, etc.)
- Cargoglide slide-out platform mounted on Decked (ARB fridge, storage containers in bed)
- Wilco off-road spare tire hitchgate w/bugout racks, hi-lift, pull-pal and chainsaw mounted
- ProEagle 3 Ton jack w/mount
- Krazy Beaver shovel + Fiskar Axe mounted
- 17" Method MR312 Bronze wheels with KO2 tires
- Alcon 6-piston front big brake kit
- RPG adjustable coil perches
- RPG Stage 3 rear suspension with 2.5" Fox bumps
- Deaver HD springs
- ADD/Full-race intercooler upgrade
- AFE cold air Intake
- Borla ATAK exhaust
- SPD exhaust flange adapters
- nGauge tuner with 5-star tune
- Oil separator
- Swarfworks Warn Zeon Mount with Baja Designs lights
- Zeon 12K Platinum winch
- Raptor Lights Dual fog lights (Rigid spot/floods) in OEM openings w/their mount kits
- KC HiLites Pro6 Gravity bar with 9 LED lights on roof
- Baja Designs LP9s (x4) on front mount bar
- SwitchPros 9100 electronics controller
- ADC Tesla Style touchscreen panel radio replacement (not installed yet)
- DUHA rear underseat gun storage
- Consolevault center console Safe
- Builtright center dash mount system
- Magellan TRX-7 off-road trail nav system
- Cobra electronics CB system
- Hornblaster train horn setup with spare tire mount setup (this is hysterical)
- Chemical toilet w/privacy tent (my 4 kids don't like pooping in the woods -- 1st world problem)

At any rate, I wanted to thank everyone for the helpful posts that I've read while lurking and introduce myself. Thanks again to @soulsea for the inspiration.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:

subterfuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we have some pictures.. looks nice in your profile pic though. Thinking of doing something similar with my truck when I get it.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope you and everyone else in Charlotte and NC areas are OK.

Nice list of stuff you bought and installed but it's useless to us without pics

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great setup and im sure its going to serve you well. Im glad to see the small list of Raptor drivers using the truck for the multi-purpose capability it offers. Nice truck sir!