Into service she goes (4 SSM/TSB’s)- Dealer said 2 weeks minimum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the tailgate recall. Now tailgate won't drop when pressing button on fob.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I applaud you OP.. this is exactly what I do/did. Anytime there is some sort of warranty service / TSB under warranty, I have sheet to help the tech out on the tsb or known solution that could help the tech fix it issue.

DCW Raptor 3

Reaction score
I applaud you OP.. this is exactly what I do/did. Anytime there is some sort of warranty service / TSB under warranty, I have sheet to help the tech out on the tsb or known solution that could help the tech fix it issue.
Is there somewhere to search what recalls/TSB's may be applicable to your specific truck? My 2019 is in for cam phaser replacement. It has the 3rd to 4th shift delay & catch as well, so once they fix the cam phasers, that'll be the next thing they address. It also has a rattle that sounds like one of the turbos, but hard for me to pinpoint. I asked the service writer if any truck coming in under warranty is updated in accordance with all recalls/TSBs, and she said no, we only fix what the customer complains about. I'm guessing she is wrong on the recall topic, I'd like to do some research to provide her next week as I don't want to have the truck in & out multiple times.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there somewhere to search what recalls/TSB's may be applicable to your specific truck? My 2019 is in for cam phaser replacement. It has the 3rd to 4th shift delay & catch as well, so once they fix the cam phasers, that'll be the next thing they address.
The database is called OASIS. It’s only available to dealers and paid subscribers. It’s not intended for consumers to use as a shopping list.

The 3-4 shift delay on cold start is normal. There is nothing to fix, it’s a characteristic of the transmission.

It also has a rattle that sounds like one of the turbos, but hard for me to pinpoint. I asked the service writer if any truck coming in under warranty is updated in accordance with all recalls/TSBs, and she said no, we only fix what the customer complains about. I'm guessing she is wrong on the recall topic, I'd like to do some research to provide her next week as I don't want to have the truck in & out multiple times.
The turbo wastegates will exhibit a rattle noise when cold; they have tolerance built into them for heat expansion. If it’s normal wastegate linkage rattle there is nothing to fix for that concern.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stuff I read in this thread does not seem like something I would blame on Ford, it sounds like really ****** dealers. Every brand has that. Whenever I need service, I call ahead to see when they can have a loaner for me, BEFORE I make the appointment. I always have a loaner. Any time we needed to wait on parts, I kept the truck until the parts came in and then we would make an appointment. I guess I'm lucky that my dealer is pretty on top of things. Glad to say I haven't had to deal with the stuff I'm reading.

DCW Raptor 3

Reaction score
The database is called OASIS. It’s only available to dealers and paid subscribers. It’s not intended for consumers to use as a shopping list.

The 3-4 shift delay on cold start is normal. There is nothing to fix, it’s a characteristic of the transmission.

The turbo wastegates will exhibit a rattle noise when cold; they have tolerance built into them for heat expansion. If it’s normal wastegate linkage rattle there is nothing to fix for that concern.

Man, the 3-4 shift delay is brutal. You lurch forward in your seat and there is no propulsion for about 1 second. Repeatable every single time I leave our office, and cannot make it happen anywhere else. Only happens under very light throttle input, no matter cold or hot.

Thanks for your reply.