Into service she goes (4 SSM/TSB’s)- Dealer said 2 weeks minimum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I left already. Dealer said it’ll be there for at least two weeks. Can’t give me a loaner. So now I need to arrange a rental and am dropping her back off Monday. Immediately asked me for my extended warranty coverage info. I gave it to them and said that the issues are covered under powertrain and safety restraint warranties, respectively. He said Ford won’t replace the steering wheel cracked cover. I’m like yeah they will they already did it once and there is a service advisory out about it. I then handed them a folder with all the printed TSB’s. Service Manager looked them over and in a surprised tone said “OH ok hadn’t seen this one”. Unreal. They also said it may be at least a week before they get to my truck to diagnose and added that , “no we can’t call you and let you know when to bring the truck in so it doesn’t sit for a week”. Mind you their website states they’ll provide a loaner for any warranty repairs that require the vehicle to be left overnight. They said that’s outdated and they don’t give anyone loaners.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man. Mine is in too for 4 TSB. I got a loaner though. 2 weeks is brutal.
I get that they are busy and some vehicles go in and end up getting unanticipated work which backs them up even further. What’s stupid is that my Gen 2 will sit there at minimum for a week just sitting. If Im at the service department, why can’t you call me and have me bring the truck in when you are ready for it and have a virtual “Queue” of some sort. I’m headed to another dealer now that I know at the least has a rental car service on property.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. They said “sure once we get one of the issues diagnosed we can contact Ford and see if they will pay for a rental. But for us to get to it it’ll be at minimum a week if not two and the only way your truck will be in line is if you leave it here sitting for those two weeks”.

So I need to come out of pocket for a two week rental for no logical reason. Call me when my truck is next and have me drop it off. But no that would make too much sense.

And then they said “oh well as far as Cam Phaser reprogram 21B10 that’s not even in our system anymore”. So I show them the letter from Ford that I received which reads:

"A customer can have their vehicle's PCM reprogrammed under Customer
Satisfaction Program 21B10 until July 31, 2022, regardless of mileage. Coverage is
automatically transferred to subsequent owners.”

Again they are stumped. And I point out that if I come back Monday to drop it off that’s August 1st. So it’s past the date AND you don’t show that as available in your system.

Crickets.

Last edited:

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully your dealer is faster than mine. I dropped my truck off on June 10th for my Sunroof/Interior Lights not working. As of today I still do not have it back.

When I dropped it off I asked for a loaner and they said they don't give them out for "simple services". It took me calling every other day, and then finally calling Ford Customer Care before they gave me a rental (this past Saturday) and actually started working on my truck. Absolutely ridiculous. What's even worse is at one point they tried to say I had an aftermarket third brake light which caused my BCM to go bad so its not under warranty. I laughed and said it was factory. I had to pull up a Gen 2 Raptor they were selling on their lot before they would believe me.

Needless to say, I'm not too happy with Ford. I understand the part delays, but my RS7 has never been in the shop for more than 3 weeks. Ever. And everyone says that german cars are a nightmare, lol.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully your dealer is faster than mine. I dropped my truck off on June 10th for my Sunroof/Interior Lights not working. As of today I still do not have it back.

When I dropped it off I asked for a loaner and they said they don't give them out for "simple services". It took me calling every other day, and then finally calling Ford Customer Care before they gave me a rental (this past Saturday) and actually started working on my truck. Absolutely ridiculous. What's even worse is at one point they tried to say I had an aftermarket third brake light which caused my BCM to go bad so its not under warranty. I laughed and said it was factory. I had to pull up a Gen 2 Raptor they were selling on their lot before they would believe me.

Needless to say, I'm not too happy with Ford. I understand the part delays, but my RS7 has never been in the shop for more than 3 weeks. Ever. And everyone says that german cars are a nightmare, lol.
RS7…Good stuff. I’m a big fan. I guess customer care is a good option. The second dealer… I wanted to shake the service “advisor” who was as useless as a sht flavored lollipop. I hand him the list of TSB’s I typed up with explanation. He says “that’s not from Ford”. Im like yeah no sht and hand him the printed TSB’s from Ford. He sees them and then says oh well not till September we aren’t addressing those.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd dealer said they are only doing the Tailgate recall and any concerns regarding any other TSB’s won’t be addressed until late September
I wish the Ford was Cadillac or Mercedes minded. They will give you a courtesy car for simple stuff like a long wait on an oil change. and you could have their cheapest model you bought used for 10k. With Ford you could drop off a limited f450 that cost 110k and still get treated like the rest of us.
if Cadillac still made a truck I would entertain it just because of their service department. Fortunately for Ford they made a Raptor, so we “are hooked” haha. Cheers

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the Ford was Cadillac or Mercedes minded. They will give you a courtesy car for simple stuff like a long wait on an oil change. and you could have their cheapest model you bought used for 10k. With Ford you could drop off a limited f450 that cost 110k and still get treated like the rest of us.
if Cadillac still made a truck I would entertain it just because of their service department. Fortunately for Ford they made a Raptor, so we “are hooked” haha. Cheers
I know what you mean all too well. I’m beside myself. Yes warranty work nets a dealership less profit (lower labor rate and no markup on parts to sell a customer). But I’ve never in my life encountered that little amount of fks left to give as I did today at Grieco Ford of Ft.Lauderdale and then at Pines Ford. Grinding in 2WD and 4A, idle rattle left front wheel well/wastegate, transmission holding 3rd and lunging into 4th every cold start, palm touching the airbag assembly when I honk…not like I’m going in bothering them about some cosmetic issue. “You gotta leave it for two weeks before we even get to it” and “not until September/October”.

Customer service told me to try another dealer, or pay out of pocket for my rental and save the receipts. They confirmed that my issues are likely covered under warranty and hinted that the dealer likely pushed for my third party ESP info as they would then be able to get a better labor rate and marked up parts than doing the work through Ford 60k mile warranty. Made an appointment at Sawgrass Ford for Friday.

Stuck like chuck. I can already tell this is going to be an uphill drawn out battle. And as both dealerships I visited just added a $20k markup to the 2022 Raptors they have in stock ($97k-$103k) I’ve tabled the option to trade in until prices are reasonable near MSRP again. The fact that they offered me $63k for my 52k mile Gen 2 is great, but completely negligible with the addition of a $20k ADM.