Intermittent vibration/ humming sensation when rolling to a stop/ applying light brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee1993

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been covered, but after 2 weeks of research I can’t seem to find anything similar. I’m experiencing an intermittent vibration/humming sensation when I come to a rolling stop or apply little pressure to the brakes. The best way I can describe it is as the sound when you drive over rumble strips/ sleeper lines(although not nearly as loud). It only happens at very low speeds right before coming to a stop. After already having issues with the IWE check valve, I can say this sound is completely different. I also feel a slight vibration in the wheel and brake pedal when this happens. The truck has 58k miles with stock tires.The tires probably have 20k miles on them. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Lee1993

Lee1993

Reaction score
I had the wheels rotated last week. My IPhone didn’t pick up the noise very well, but if you listen to the video through a quality speaker you should hear it.

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is the tires. put a straight edge on the outer tread blocks near the top. these tires tread blocks wear crazy where the alternate on the shoulder. creates a low rumble as very low speeds.

as the truck speeds up, the tires "balloon" slightly and that goes away.

jdbakerucf

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. Wondering if anyone has resolved this. I just rotated my tires and installed new brakes thinking it might be that, but it’s still doing it. Not as bad, but is still happening. And does it less when everything is up to temp.