GEN 2 Intermittent glitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dacam

Reaction score
Every once in a while when I start up my 2017 Raptor, the radio settings aren’t where I usually have them or the radio is sometimes turned off. The adv trac is turned off and the speedo display is not where I usually have it set.
The truck runs fine but something is definitely wrong.
Anyone have any idea of what’s going on?
Truck has 38k miles.
Thanks

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obvious question... Do you have someone in the house hold that could take the truck for a spin without you knowing?

OP
OP
D

Dacam

Reaction score
Nope, only me.
It also happens if I’m in the truck and shut it down for a few minutes.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
then you probably don’t have FORSCAN - get it, free download / license for Windoze users. get a USB OBD port adapter or a cable and plug in the computer and see if you have any codes.

Are you the original or >1st owner? Any ESP by chance?
Finally, and probably the most likely cause - Does your Raptor share a garage with some peasant car? It could be the truck is trying to tell you to get that POS away from her.

I’m glad I’m not in the business of repairing these things, I would be dreading this troubleshooting endeavor.

OP
OP
D

Dacam

Reaction score
Well, I found the issue! Actually the issue found me.
This morning I went to start my truck and it wouldn’t start, just clicking trying to turn the starter.
Bad battery, low voltage. Had to jump it to get it running. Funny thing is I also noticed the auto/start stop was also not working, I guess it disables this system if there’s a low voltage issue.
Changed the battery, issue solved!
Thanks