GEN 1 Interior water leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC is leaking,need to be fix?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's not a clogged sunroof drain, check the GPS antenna on the roof. It's located in that area and is a known leak point.

Given you are in Houston- that antenna/seal has lived a hard life in the sun.

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
AC is leaking,need to be fix?
Carpet is dry under the weather tech so i dont think the ac is leaking. Worth a check anyway

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
If it's not a clogged sunroof drain, check the GPS antenna on the roof. It's located in that area and is a known leak point.

Given you are in Houston- that antenna/seal has lived a hard life in the sun.

You talking to me? Im pretty far from Houston LOL.

Yeah im thinking it is that but I couldn’t get it to replicate when i used the garden hose at work. Gonna seal it when i get a chance.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was reading the quote above my post- that guy was in Houston I guess. The leak is still going to be from your GPS antenna if it's not a clogged sunroof drain, no matter if you are in Houston or not. :)

You can look into the "gap" with the sunroof open and see the bottom of the antenna. Have someone pour/spray water on it (in a direction facing away from the open roof obviosuly) and you will be able to see the leak.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, had the issue on a Gen 2, dealership tried the drain tubes but they were fine. Ended up being a seal. Sunroof assembly collection tray one was replaced and the leak was solved.
A few hard rains later, and it's still dry.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We had a hard rain last week and my 13 had a small leak from the same place. I'm afraid of opening the sunroof, since it has not been opened from 2019 when I bought the truck. Was only a few drops so I may just leave it be. I don't want to break the sunroof.