Interior squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

watisthis

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues where there is quite a lot of squeaking/popping coming from the drivers side door near the push lock, drivers side headliner near the speaker closest to the sun visor and the center console? I feel like this happens more when its cold outside, but I know for certain it happens over most bumps and randomly when I'm driving highway speeds/turning left at speed.

The center console I can live with, but the drivers side door and headliner sound like it's like magnets bumping into each other and/or popping of speakers. I plan to take it back to the dealer, however, I wanted to see if anyone else had these issues.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 3 the seat bottom will rub the console at times and squeak. I’ve considered a piece of felt or something but it’s not bad. Otherwise, mine is silent inside.

BCR7

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2021. Since the day I picked up the truck. Sounds like it comes from the from left, center and right speakers in the dash like a clicking or popping when I hit the littlest bumps. Also in the right front door. In the right door if I pull on the door handle the popping stops. Strange part and what leads me to believe it is in the speakers is on rare occasion the popping continues when I am completely stopped...

Another noise is the static coming from the left rear speaker. I thought is was just pulling air for circulation from the rear, but I now realized it is coming from the left rear speaker in the door....

Other than these noises and the bed bounce noise.... I couldn't be happier with the truck.

I haven't had time to get it to the dealer but I am hopeful they will fix the popping...

Frustrating. I never had any issues like this with my 2017 gen 2.

JPeazy

Reaction score
I have a similar creak. It sounds like it’s coming from the blue cruise panel on the left door panel above the lock/unlock buttons. When I touch that dark plastic it seems to stop.