Interior motion sensors..? Factory alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So this may be the most boring thread yet, but I need to ask.

People say that their factory alarm will sound in there is motion detected inside while armed. And also by waving/reaching in as if you were grabbing something.

Well, I've never been able to get mine to do that. I've sat in it, armed and waited...

Is there a setting for the motion sensors? Just tried again today, two different times, locked truck with front windows down, back ones half way. waited good 10+ minutes.. came back up to it.. stepped on running board, stuck one hand in and leaned in with my head. went to cup holder, then went up to the circles next to switches/sunglass hldr everyone talks about, and waved in front of that. slowly, and fast. I have an 18 802a.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know which option packages have the interior alarm, but not most. You can tell if you have the sensors by looking at the overhead console. If you have it, there will be little sensors, 4 IIRC, that look like the backup sensors in the rear bumper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know which option packages have the interior alarm, but not most. You can tell if you have the sensors by looking at the overhead concole. If you have it, there will be little sensors, 4 IIRC, that look like the backup sensors in the rear bumper.

Right, which is why I'm asking why they apparantly aren't working... I don't believe there was any options left to add.

Maybe there's a service bulletin for that too! LOL

andris

Reaction score
The guy actually goes through the motion detection in the video I thought it was very informative

Gen2Vmax

Reaction score
Pretty sure if you still have the key or key fob on you, it will not go off. I know mine has it with the 801(a) package. I forgot once and set it off at night.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend was the first time I left my dogs in the truck. The alarm definitely went off. Now I set to perimeter only when I leave them in there.

OP
OP
highway420

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the sensors in the overhead console? Mine does not.

yes-- also, on exit, my computer gives the choice of all or just perimeter alarm which is a sign of having it active.

View attachment 125835

Pretty sure if you still have the key or key fob on you, it will not go off. I know mine has it with the 801(a) package. I forgot once and set it off at night.

good point. I am not 100% i removed mine from pocket this time.. but the other times, i did make sure. I just didn't really give it priority since then so forgot to make sure of that.

Wait, maybe you're on to something here---now I'm triple thinking if I did or not... could've done by alone unless I throw fob out window.. know I didn't do that.
I do remember, however, locking, going into house--leaving key-- and going back to reach in..

Gonna try again today and see. it's gotta work. no reason not to.

radio_man

Reaction score
I never thought about the interior alarm sensors until I the first time I slept on the back seat. The key was with me the entire time and the alarm went off a few times while I was arranging/getting into the sleeping bag.

Had no idea what happened until thinking about it the next day and remembering the sensors. Of course this all took place at a public campground.