Interior flaws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
onYou have a warranty, use it. My dealership swapped mine out without an issue and its been great ever since.

I thought I was a unique situation, but it makes me wonder more either the person installing them doesn't give a damn and manhandles them in, or they are arriving this way and they have so few screens available that QC doesn't care.
Within 2k miles, I had a two paint imperfections that I didn't notice. One was a small dent and the other was two chips in the paint. I made a post about it. When I brought it to the dealer, they told me the dealer I purchased it from should have handled this. Contacted Ford corporate, and they were no help if it wasn't the dealer that took delivery. Purchased on the east coast and brought back to the west coast. I'm going to assume, but I'll give it a try anyway, that when I bring it in after 7 months that they will not repair it and blame me for scratching it.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Within 2k miles, I had a two paint imperfections that I didn't notice. One was a small dent and the other was two chips in the paint. I made a post about it. When I brought it to the dealer, they told me the dealer I purchased it from should have handled this. Contacted Ford corporate, and they were no help if it wasn't the dealer that took delivery. Purchased on the east coast and brought back to the west coast. I'm going to assume, but I'll give it a try anyway, that when I bring it in after 7 months that they will not repair it and blame me for scratching it.
Unfortuantely, you are most likely correct. I caught my flaw about 10 minutes into my drive home with the truck, and caught every other flaw over the next 24 hours.

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
You have a warranty, use it. My dealership swapped mine out without an issue and its been great ever since.

I thought I was a unique situation, but it makes me wonder more either the person installing them doesn't give a damn and manhandles them in, or they are arriving this way and they have so few screens available that QC doesn't care.
I was expecting a full run around to get mine replaced or even it to have damage somewhere else but it just took time to get the parts and had no hassle about replacements. QC is so poor these days in almost every vehicle it’s sad

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
Unfortuantely, you are most likely correct. I caught my flaw about 10 minutes into my drive home with the truck, and caught every other flaw over the next 24 hours.
I have a couple paint imperfections on mine, weighed the pros and cons of getting them fixed. Cons out weighted the pros for me. It’s a truck it will get some scratches eventually, it sucks but I’ve got over it now that I’ve had it a little bit

mclark202

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ford has customers that don't demand the best. Ford isn't in the market to build the best they can, they are in the market to make their stock holders more money. Until they are held to the responsibility that they should be held to, why would Ford make the change?

I agree that this kind of stuff isn't as common in German and Japanese manufactured vehicles. They work to make a better product. I just hope that when my truck gets delivered it's not riddled with little issues like I read are so common with these trucks.

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ford has customers that don't demand the best. Ford isn't in the market to build the best they can, they are in the market to make their stock holders more money. Until they are held to the responsibility that they should be held to, why would Ford make the change?

I agree that this kind of stuff isn't as common in German and Japanese manufactured vehicles. They work to make a better product. I just hope that when my truck gets delivered it's not riddled with little issues like I read are so common with these trucks.
I wish you the best of luck, look over the upon taking delivery thread. I tried my best when I picked up my truck but can only see so much at one time. I love my truck tho

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Bring someone else who doesn't love the truck. If I had a friend, I bet they would have found all the spots I missed.