Interior flaws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YanevSMY

Reaction score
Picked up my gen3 37" package yesterday and noticed a "flaw"

In the rear the fold down with the cup holders was stuck and wouldn't open down unless I used a good amount of force and it made a snapping noise.

When trying to close it the fold wouldn't fold all the way up and stay in place, so now it is sort of closed and I'm pretty upset it's so crappy.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it.

OP
OP
YanevSMY

YanevSMY

Reaction score
Other issues I have with the interior are as follows.

Shifter = why is it black leather with black stitching on the 37" package? Why isn't it blue leather with orange stitching?

Speakers = are their speakers in the headrest? I was told there was but no sound or bass comes out of it.

Pure_mitt

Reaction score

Shifter = why is it black leather with black stitching on the 37" package? Why isn't it blue leather with orange stitching?

Speakers = are their speakers in the headrest? I was told there was but no sound or bass comes out of it.
I have been putting my ear to the headrest “speaker” and haven’t noticed any sound. Even tried surround sound. Nothing.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Post some pics of these defective areas, hopefully your dealer can fix all this stuff, that's what warranty is for, especially with covid builds.

Humberto80

Reaction score
I have been putting my ear to the headrest “speaker” and haven’t noticed any sound. Even tried surround sound. Nothing.
I had same issue with my 2021 king ranch. Could never hear sound out of head rest. They said they were working but I never hear anything out of there. Might be fake speakers in there

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I call BS on headrest speakers until proven otherwise. My wife’s Miata RF has Bose audio with headrest speakers and it is quite obvious that sound comes out. Ford is bullshitting.

OP
OP
YanevSMY

YanevSMY

Reaction score
Here is a video of the armrest issue. It requires a good deal of force to bring down and has a loud clicking noise. You can see from the video the whole seat shakes when it is pulled all the way down

Attachments

• received_646184406353657.mp4
    568 KB

T8ter

Reaction score

The speakers in the headrest will only work if you switch the sound settings to ‘surround’ mode. You will get sound, but it’s very subtle. I’m new to Ford and B&O. The Ram we traded in had the Harmon Kardon system and every time the system got an update the sound would totally change. With that said I suppose it’s possible Ford may make them louder in the future.

OP
OP
YanevSMY

YanevSMY

Reaction score
The speakers in the headrest will only work if you switch the sound settings to ‘surround’ mode. You will get sound, but it’s very subtle. I’m new to Ford and B&O. The Ram we traded in had the Harmon Kardon system and every time the system got an update the sound would totally change. With that said I suppose it’s possible Ford may make them louder in the future.
I am aware of the surround sound option but I don't hear any type of sound coming from the head rests.

Once I figure out how to remove the headrest off the chair I'll try to check for wiring. I don't see how there can be wiring going to the head rest of there are no channels leading up the head rest.

The speakers on top on the roof have only an echo type of sound coming out of them, I am would expect the same from the headrests but nothing I nor others have noticed