Interior build quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While at a local Ford dealer yesterday I had a chance to sit in a Red 2017 Raptor, while in the cab showing my wife how sweet this truck is I opened the flap to show her that it has an outlet that she can plug a house hold appliance into, like hair dryer and etc. Thing is when I pressed on the plastic plate around the outlet it gave away, bending inward as if a screw behind the plate must be missing. Nothing major but really on such an expensive truck, it makes me wonder what else i could find if i really started to dig around. Anyone found anything loose in your new Raptor interior, so I know what to look for.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While at a local Ford dealer yesterday I had a chance to sit in a Red 2017 Raptor, while in the cab showing my wife how sweet this truck is I opened the flap to show her that it has an outlet that she can plug a house hold appliance into, like hair dryer and etc. Thing is when I pressed on the plastic plate around the outlet it gave away, bending inward as if a screw behind the plate must be missing. Nothing major but really on such an expensive truck, it makes me wonder what else i could find if i really started to dig around. Anyone found anything loose in your new Raptor interior, so I know what to look for.

I don't have any additional input on the build quality but I can say you CANNOT plug a hair dryer into it. That's a 400watt outlet and most hair dryers are at least 1500 watts, unless you keep the heating element off and just using it as a blower.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
It's still an F150. Interior was the last thing on the improvement list

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still an F150. Interior was the last thing on the improvement list
Yeah, I think it's essentially the same cab as a regular ol F-150.
I knew that before I bought it, meh.
The interior is better than my old 2006 SR5 Tacoma though, so it's an upgrade for me! lol