Interesting Raptor News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm kind of just kidding, but increasing production that much usually leads to quality control issues.

Interesting: there's one thread here saying that no raptors will be built this month, and now this one saying they are increasing production.

Who to believe????

Last edited:

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my DORA the very next day after I ordered (and the deposit paid). And this was before I even knew what it was or read it here. The dealer just provided it as part of the ordering process that they do for all ordered vehicles. Think of the DORA as your receipt that you would expect from any business, but this one is Ford's acknowledgement.

Same here. I didn't even have to ask for my DORA.

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 2/25 had a DORA on 2/26

You're not being a PITA. Sounds to me like they didn't submit your order

Also a little FYI for everyone , I just talked to one of my buddies who is a production supervisior in one of the areas I use to cover for maintenance , and I asked him what his schedule has been and is projected to be for the next week. He said last week the did 250 and this week their schedule calls for 400. That's 650 trucks in 2 weeks. He said their schedule for the last couple months has been 1000-1200/month. That's just for Raptor

Relax people

Kinda suspicious tho, you do bring us hope!
:big_banana_Dance:

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I got my DORA the very next day after I ordered (and the deposit paid). And this was before I even knew what it was or read it here. The dealer just provided it as part of the ordering process that they do for all ordered vehicles. Think of the DORA as your receipt that you would expect from any business, but this one is Ford's acknowledgement.

Dude, you can start preparing for your party time! So jealous!!!

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of just kidding, but increasing production that much usually leads to quality control issues.

Interesting: there's one thread here saying that no raptors will be built this month, and now this one saying they are increasing production.

Who to believe????

Who said anything about an increase in truck production?
I don't work at Dearborn Truck, I work at Sterling. That was for front axle production for this week. And what production for Raptor axles has been for the past couple of months

Kinda suspicious tho, you do bring us hope!
:big_banana_Dance:

That's no BS That's what the schedule from Ford calls for Raptor for this week and the past couple of months.

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 2/25 had a DORA on 2/26

You're not being a PITA. Sounds to me like they didn't submit your order

Also a little FYI for everyone , I just talked to one of my buddies who is a production supervisior in one of the areas I use to cover for maintenance , and I asked him what his schedule has been and is projected to be for the next week. He said last week the did 250 and this week their schedule calls for 400. That's 650 trucks in 2 weeks. He said their schedule for the last couple months has been 1000-1200/month. That's just for Raptor

Relax people

Would you or anyone reading this, be willing to send / PM me a copy of your DORA? You can black out anything that I don't need to see. I've been getting one story after another from my dealer and I would like to have one, just to prove to this guy that they DO exist. I would really appreciate it if anyone could do this for me.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you or anyone reading this, be willing to send / PM me a copy of your DORA? You can black out anything that I don't need to see. I've been getting one story after another from my dealer and I would like to have one, just to prove to this guy that they DO exist. I would really appreciate it if anyone could do this for me.

I gladly will in the am if I have time. Just shut down the computer and I'm about to lay down. Send me a pm to remind me :cheers:

D

Deleted member 12951

I sent him my DORA, actually two of them. The first one had an invalid priority number and I was sent two weeks later an updated one due to the salesman making a mistake initially.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But don't you think it's a little strange that (1) I got the VOC seven days before I placed my order and (2) the order number is "0000"?

(1) Were you already discussing ordering your truck with the dealer at the time? If so, then they must have built it in the system and then submitted it when you gave approval a week later. (2) I do think that is strange, but like I said as long as you have an order number and dealer code SVT will have no problems checking on the order status.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is a new ford rep that just joined. Named crystal. Maybe she can give some insight on this...

Hi prowakeskater,

I don't have the ability to see dealer allocation or any info that would indicate which order is most likely to enter production. I'm always happy to track orders, though, and can let you know when your truck officially begins its build. Just send me a PM with your specifics (order number and dealer name/location) and I'll check things out.

Crystal

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Understanding

My understanding is that the Raptor (from a lot of research) is built on the F-150 Platinum, platform, of course major changes are made suspension, fenders, I have to say BS, I got ten Platinums a day rolling by me, half new

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I know the Raptor is totally beefed up across the board, and 7" wider and I have no proof just listen to a lot of different folks who say it had to happen to keep the cost of the Raptor down