Interesting Raptor News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But don't you think it's a little strange that (1) I got the VOC seven days before I placed my order and (2) the order number is "0000"?

You may contact your dealer to get the DORA. If they do place an order for you, they would absolutely got the DORA already.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Do you have anything stating a build date? I'm not question you...I'm just trying to gather some ammunition for when my dealer wants to play his BS card.

My truck status changed to produced as of was 12:01 am last Thursday so I'm not sure if it was technically built Wednesday or if it's considered Thursday. The trucking company picked up the order Friday and it is marked to reach the dealership by this Friday. But, I have a work event so won't be picking up the truck until next weekend so there won't be any woohoo posts from me for a little while longer.

Ordered 1/3 and built 2 months later. That time sure went by fast!

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only news I'm aware of regarding Ford manufacturing and a parts shortage but it has nothing to do with the F-150 (but the F-150 is mentioned in this article).

Ford Fleet Shortage Hampers February Sales | Auto Makers content from WardsAuto

When I placed my order 2+ weeks ago, my salesman (who owns the dealership) said his rep told him there is a parts shortage that will have an affect on production for a while, but still to get my order in asap. We had a bunch of F&R Raptor axles sitting on the dock Sunday waiting to ship to DTP, but I think the shortage is shocks.

You guys should start searching dealer lots, like now.

I ain't paying MSRP.

If u ordered on 2/27 i wouldnt get to worked up yet most of us have been waiting months with no idea when things are going to happen.
He should have a DORA by now. Sounds like dealer is jackin him around

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I placed my order 2+ weeks ago, my salesman (who owns the dealership) said his rep told him there is a parts shortage that will have an affect on production for a while, but still to get my order in asap. We had a bunch of F&R Raptor axles sitting on the dock Sunday waiting to ship to DTP, but I think the shortage is shocks.

I ain't paying MSRP.

He should have a DORA by now. Sounds like dealer is jackin him around

Right...that's what I think too. I've asked for this document numerous times and all I got in response is double-talk and the run around. I'm not asking for much and I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but I'm the one spending a ton of cash to get what I want. If they would just give the damn thing, I would be satisfied to know that everything was done on their end and I would leave them alone till my Raptor shows up.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right...that's what I think too. I've asked for this document numerous times and all I got in response is double-talk and the run around. I'm not asking for much and I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but I'm the one spending a ton of cash to get what I want. If they would just give the damn thing, I would be satisfied to know that everything was done on their end and I would leave them alone till my Raptor shows up.

I ordered my truck on 2/25 had a DORA on 2/26

You're not being a PITA. Sounds to me like they didn't submit your order

Also a little FYI for everyone , I just talked to one of my buddies who is a production supervisior in one of the areas I use to cover for maintenance , and I asked him what his schedule has been and is projected to be for the next week. He said last week the did 250 and this week their schedule calls for 400. That's 650 trucks in 2 weeks. He said their schedule for the last couple months has been 1000-1200/month. That's just for Raptor

Relax people

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also a little FYI for everyone , I just talked to one of my buddies who is a production supervisior in one of the areas I use to cover for maintenance , and I asked him what his schedule has been and is projected to be for the next week. He said last week the did 250 and this week their schedule calls for 400. That's 650 trucks in 2 weeks. He said their schedule for the last couple months has been 1000-1200/month. That's just for Raptor

Relax people

Ok, it's time to get this settled once and for all, with my dealer. So you're telling me that you ordered on 2/26 and got the DORA, the very next day? I ordered on 2/27 and haven't seen anything. At this point, I am telling them to produce a DORA or I'm canceling my order. This is BS. If they can't do something as simple as that, then there's gonna huge problems down the road. But then again, maybe they're being evasive on purpose. Maybe they want me to cancell so they can sell it with a fat mark up...who knows at this point.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Relax people

Yikes... I wouldn't want one of those raptors. That's worse than a Monday build after superbowl Sunday.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's time to get this settled once and for all, with my dealer. So you're telling me that you ordered on 2/26 and got the DORA, the very next day? I ordered on 2/27 and haven't seen anything. At this point, I am telling them to produce a DORA or I'm canceling my order. This is BS. If they can't do something as simple as that, then there's gonna huge problems down the road. But then again, maybe they're being evasive on purpose. Maybe they want me to cancell so they can sell it with a fat mark up...who knows at this point.

I gave my dealer my order on the 25th. He emailed me a PO that day and I signed it and scanned it and emailed it back to him that night. I gave him a deposit on the 26th. He submitted my order to Ford on the 26th. He got a DORA for me on the 26th which he emailed to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I got my DORA the very next day after I ordered (and the deposit paid). And this was before I even knew what it was or read it here. The dealer just provided it as part of the ordering process that they do for all ordered vehicles. Think of the DORA as your receipt that you would expect from any business, but this one is Ford's acknowledgement.