Interesting Oil Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALRaptor

Reaction score
In attached photos you can see that I have something going on with my passenger valve cover. I am not sure if it is coming from the spark plug in the middle or the silver part circled.

Can someone explain what the silver “valve” is just for my knowledge and what might be the culprit? @FordTechOne do you have any advice?

Truck is an early 2019 build with 27,000 miles and no prior work done to my knowledge.

Thank you for the help. 8A8EC1BC-C5D7-4082-96A4-B3EECCF25A08.jpeg4DD9942D-1CD2-4765-B8A5-E7E3BA47DEE1.jpegBF83FDC8-2813-4889-B7C3-07135D39FB3E.jpeg

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In attached photos you can see that I have something going on with my passenger valve cover. I am not sure if it is coming from the spark plug in the middle or the silver part circled.

Can someone explain what the silver “valve” is just for my knowledge and what might be the culprit? @FordTechOne do you have any advice?

Truck is an early 2019 build with 27,000 miles and no prior work done to my knowledge.

Thank you fo
Do you smell fuel at all? If you do I’d check the low pressure side of the fuel pump (line on the firewall side of the fuel pump). You can put a piece of paper/cardboard under the line and start the truck.

It does look like oil from your pick though. I’d do as FTO mentioned and clean it up to see if you can get a better look, or if under warranty let the dealer fix it for you.

OP
OP
ALRaptor

ALRaptor

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help! I will take both of your advice and get it cleaned up and see if I can pin point where it might be coming from. I do not smell any fuel, just a "hot oil" smell resonating from the passenger wheel after shut down. I appreciate you all taking the time to reply.