Interested in Shorty Headers?

Are you interested in shorty headers

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SW has already discussed this. They can say anything did definitive yet cause they haven't built any.

Estimates weren't tremendous and I think many felt it wasn't worth it. My hope was for more low end torque, but that should not be expected.

But I'm in. I'm hoping it will be better than the cast manifolds.

2V motors will get great benefit in low end torque with shortys... As I remember they were leaning around 800-900 for a set as long as tehy got at least 10 ppl interested.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Below is the new poll thread. Two simple choices in the poll, do you want them and are you ready to make a deposit, etc. click the link below and let us know and we will get this thing going. Be sure to share the thread as well with your contacts that may also be interested so that we can build some more momentum behind this so that it doesn't fizzle out.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/stainless-works-shorty-header-interest-poll-29867/

why the poll closed? i didnt get my vote for yes in.

It's still open for me

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our long tubes will provide the most gains no doubt! The shorties may be good for 10-20hp where as the long tubes are proven 40+ HP/TQ.

Our lead time idepends on the level of interest, a few members have placed deposits, we still need a few more before we begin the process

In our experience, the shorty headers will not gain much torque down low. Typically they will pick up HP & TQ towards upper RPM. The long tube design is what brings the extra torque that will make the front end lift upon acceleration. Our customers with the SuperCrew really need the long tube to get the truck moving from a dead stop or when towing.

The appeal of the shorty header is typically price and installation.

As far as I know, This is what we are starting with.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Its in a new link

Oh. Thanks.

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In our experience, the shorty headers will not gain much torque down low. Typically they will pick up HP & TQ towards upper RPM. The long tube design is what brings the extra torque that will make the front end lift upon acceleration. Our customers with the SuperCrew really need the long tube to get the truck moving from a dead stop or when towing.

The appeal of the shorty header is typically price and installation.

It is so hard to feel the change in low end torque in a truck with a 6 speed transmission and 4:11 gears. Yes you will see it on a dyno but the seat of your pants eh, you better have one hell of a sensitive ass!!! LOL... My Screw gets moving very good from a stop even while towing my 24ft enclosed trailer loaded.
You forgot to tell people that you do not need a tuner and the best part is you will pass any emission test because the O2 sensors are in the factory location

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is so hard to feel the change in low end torque in a truck with a 6 speed transmission and 4:11 gears. Yes you will see it on a dyno but the seat of your pants eh, you better have one hell of a sensitive ass!!! LOL... My Screw gets moving very good from a stop even while towing my 24ft enclosed trailer loaded.
You forgot to tell people that you do not need a tuner and the best part is you will pass any emission test because the O2 sensors are in the factory location

Those are excellent points indeed.

For those wanting to put their votes in for yes, the poll in this thread closed because of the time limit it had when it was first created. I started another one at the link below to get current interest. SW is watching that poll to gauge interest to see if it is something they want to do, so if you want them and are willing to put down a deposit for them, go vote in that poll to let them know of your interest. I am confident that if we can get 10 people interested in placing a deposit on theirs, then SW will step up and get it done. Don't be scared of me being the one posting the poll, while I CAN take the orders when the time comes, you DO NOT have to go through me. I mainly posted that poll to provide up to date feedback for SW to revive the subject for everyone since this poll closed and the thread kind of died out there for a bit.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/stainless-works-shorty-header-interest-poll-29867/