Interest Rate - What's yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCole77

Reaction score
I just got a loan at 1.74% for 66 months from Air Force Federal CU. Initially qualified for 2.24% and then they have a membership bonus of up to .5% if you meet a couple of different criteria. I was able to get the bonus by opening an account and having $10K in deposits at the time of the loan origination. You do not have to have the $10K in the account for the life of the loan, just upon the origination of it. So just moved it in and then will move it back out once loan is finalized. Easy Easy.

That is the best rate I have been able to find for that kind of term.

For me, financing makes more sense as I know I can earn more interest/gains off the $70K+ money in investments over the life of the loan as opposed to liquidating all that cash. I do like the peace of mind knowing there is no payment, but I like the money earned more... to each their own though.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is scheduled to arrive next week, so I'm starting the pre-approval process.

My regular Credit Union is offering me 1.95% for 66 months or 2.30% for 75 months.

Credit scores are between 759-774. Hopefully good enough.

Last edited:

Skai

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, Bank of America has 3.1 @ 48/60/72 which is pretty good

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
28% 0 down 96 month. 400 Credit score. I hate paying banks and I seldom make payments. Banks always calling asking for money. I keep my raptor hidden from the repo man just in case.