Interest Rate - What's yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor came in earlier than anticipated to Dealer this Saturday morning, took her home that afternoon!!! Ended up with 2.49% for 72 mo. for just under 50K, was the best the dealer could get from Capital One, ( who they said is the most competitive of 'banks' they deal with lately) when i showed them USAA's 2.49% advertised on their webpage. That was with a 835 credit score mind you.

Reaction score
Its been a few months since the last posts. I wanted to see if we could get some more numbers.

Any updates from new owners?

NM156

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Unify FCU has 0.74% on vehicles loans. On my last 4 cars\trucks I've never paid over 1.5% because of the Credit Union. All the dealers I've been to wanted me to finance with them. During one of my purchases I told the dealer my loan interest I was getting and they didn't believe me even though I had my approval paper work in my hand so I pulled up the web site. During one negotiation they told me that if I went with their loan which had a higher rate, that I couldn't pay off the loan within the year. I said no thanks to that b.s.

Grey03

Reaction score
Wow, I did the exact same thing. Cash + 2012 FX4.

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Except I've yet to learn how to save beer money. It's tough making cuts to essential pillars of my budget.

Add another one.. Traded a 2012 FX4 and a 2010 GT500 + a little cash.. On the loan stuff, State farm insurance can offer pretty good rates. I checked with them on my Lincoln.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plan on paying cash when I pick her up in a few weeks. Not a fan of financing. Hate debt.

Banks lend you money when you don't need it and won't lend to you when you do need it. (lost job, etc)

Paying 1.5% to have $70k contingency money in the bank is cheap insurance.

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Banks lend you money when you don't need it and won't lend to you when you do need it. (lost job, etc)

Paying 1.5% to have $70k contingency money in the bank is cheap insurance.

I understand the concept nothing wrong with people doing it, I get it. Personally I prefer not to. If I can't pay cash then I shouldn't buy it. Only exception is a house. Just my philosophy.