Interest in Beadlock Wheels?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by EagleOffroad, Jan 2, 2014.

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx
  1. EagleOffroad

EagleOffroad Full Access Member

Alright guys here is one of the Beadlocks we have been working on. We made a beadlock version of the AE Alloys Series 012. It will be 17x10, you measure wheel width from the inside of the bead seat flanges. On a beadlock wheel the the inside edge of the front flange is technically the back of the ring. thus 10 inch wide vs. 9. This wheel is intended for the weekend warrior type who plan on airing down for some sand dune fun or some rock crawling here and there. We have another project in the works for you racer types who need a serious serious wheel. Here are the specs for the 6x135 bolt pattern part:
    012X-8094
    Series 012
    17x10
    6x135mm
    +5mm offset

We think the added wheel width and the positive offset should put us ahead of our competitors for the Raptor segment. If you are looking for a heavy duty use BL wheel...stay tuned ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. justvettn

justvettn FRF Addict

Wow! Looks just like Method.

3. LastLight

LastLight Full Access Member

Made any progress on that serious serious wheel before i buy the series 012 in matte black?

4. EagleOffroad

The serious wheel would be our TR Hardrock Series 024. It is a joint project between Trail Ready and us. We are still working on the molds for that wheel but it will be a full blown race ready wheel. Intended for TT racing, rock crawlers, and things of that level. We built the Series 012 beadlock as an "affordable, american-made beadlock wheel for the every day enthusiast."

It's more for the weekend warrior type who has a jeep/raptor/truck they like to take into the dunes or on some trails on the weekends. They are 17x10 and the 6x135 bolt pattern comes with a +5 offset instead of a -5 that all the other bolt patterns have.

We are setting the MSRP (suggested retail price) for the Series 012 at 365.00 USD
    I have not been given any MSRP estimates for the Series 024 yet

Let me know if you have any further questions

oxfordraptor likes this.
  5. LastLight

LastLight Full Access Member

Thank you for the reply. I will be ordering the Series 012 (nonbeadlock), I just need to decide matte black or the grey color option you have.

EagleOffroad likes this.
  6. Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe FRF Addict

Nice looking wheel.

Will the series 012 beadlock be DOT approved for on road use?

Yukon Joe
    www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OrangeAddict likes this.
  7. EagleOffroad

No it will be a standard bead-lock wheel. We do build a dual-purpose version of the 012 but it's a private label wheel. I only mention it because if you read our bead-lock installation and warranty document it references both the "single-purpose" and "dual purpose" bead-lock wheels and that may confuse people.

8. EagleOffroad

Alright guys exciting stuff is happening!
    We've got the Series 012 Beadlock available for order and a couple sets are going out.

(If you are affiliated with a Offroad Shop in the SoCal/OC area, feel free to contact me.
    I am getting a set 5 for a jeep JK, a set of 4 for 6x5.5, and a set for a Raptor as Demo wheels.)

Here are some pics:
    Matte Black
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Graphite Grey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice the use of larger 10mm hardware! Black Oxide coated

We have also been making progress on our TR Hardrock wheels, the Series 024 and the street version Series 023.

Here is a picture of the very first casting after some initial rough machining.
    [​IMG]

It's going to be an exciting couple of months

Labraptor, FarFromStock and Kanakry like this.
  9. RobDietz

RobDietz Full Access Member

I like american made! That is why I went trail ready and spent 500 a wheel.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  10. treypal

treypal Lord of the Raptors Supporting Member

How close is the offset to stock?