Intercooler - who does this type of installation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, ok, I know many of you would install it yourself. For the rest of us, what kind of shop installs Intercooler? I am near Knoxville and striking out. Any hints are appreciated, thank you.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go to an auto parts store and ask who does work on race cars/high performance vehicles and go from there, word of mouth usually works. Maybe somebody on here will show you how to do it, lol. Hope somebody helps you, also try to see who the dealers are in your area for the intercooler, they might know.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m confused…are you looking to install a replacement intercooler (charge air cooler) or an additional oil cooler? The engine is equipped with an oil cooler from the factory.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, ok, I know many of you would install it yourself. For the rest of us, what kind of shop installs Intercooler? I am near Knoxville and striking out. Any hints are appreciated, thank you.

Check your area and see what performance shops there are to install your new intercooler. It’s not a nasty job, but you need to make sure you have the right parts for the right intercooler you bought. Good luck to you - this is a good ecoboost modification.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The obvious question that hasn't been asked - which intercooler? OEM replacement or an FMIC? An FMIC is more involved but it REALLY isn't hard. There are tons of videos you can watch, if you take your time you could knock it out in an afternoon or 2. No real special tools are needed (assuming you have the basics) but plastic trim tools will be your friend. If you are doing an FMIC once you get the OEM unit out with the skid plate off, you will be AMAZED at how much room there is under there.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score