Intercooler install tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which requires less trimming Cobb or SVC or is it negligible? Looks like the SVC jumped up in price to 1600 where the Cobb is 1450.. about to pull the trigger today.

DRL1865

Reaction score
thanks for the info. going with the Cobb over SVC solely because Cobb comes in a black and my truck is all black. Have any of you pulled anything with the FMIC during the summer heat? I've been reading many stories of guys with FMIC instead of factory location having over heating issues because the radiator isn't getting sufficient air. Keep us posted and thank you in advance.

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which requires less trimming Cobb or SVC or is it negligible? Looks like the SVC jumped up in price to 1600 where the Cobb is 1450.. about to pull the trigger today.
I believe I only trimmed one small spot on my SVC. It was the “centering pin” for shutters. The plastic tab that lines up the shutters and the outer grill.

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid install do you have to remove that bottom shutter piece too? Everything bolted up with it still in place. Also kinda confused on the shutter motor does it stay in operation and the truck still thinks it’s doing it’s job?

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, what happens to the motor for that leave it unplugged? No codes will be thrown?
Leave it unplugged. It will show an code in forscan but will not throw the wrench on your dash. It will be fine. I taped the end so water would not get in it and cause an issue