Interco Bird Dog wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Saw these in an ad in a magazine and thought they were interesting. It doesn't look like they have any that will fit a Raptor, though. They are not a bead lock, but have some features that allow for low pressure operation. 4Wheel & Off-Road reported running them at 5 psi w/o losing a bead...

Bird Dog Wheel

The New Interco Birddog Wheel - 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine

131_1211_06+interco_birddog_wheel+aired_down_tire_over_rock.jpg

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
very interesting wheels thats for sure.

may have to consider these as my next wheel

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice find KaiserM715, quite curious indeed!!
found the clip below;

Bird Dog Wheels on the Rock Bottom trail in Nevada - Test of the Bead Retention System - YouTube

Notes from video discription;

The wheels on our 2003 Jeep Wrangler are the new Bird Dog Wheels from Interco. One of the design features is a bead retention system that helps to insure that the bead stays on the wheel. In this video the tires are aired down to 8# pounds, This obstacle called the "S turn" is very tight and requires that you come down on your passenger tire while turning. Often the front LH tire comes off the ground and most of the weight of the vehicle ends up on the front passenger tire. It's not uncommon for many to pop a bead here so consider this a personal endorsement of these wheels.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder who the true manufacture is? I don't imagine a tire company would start building rims. Would they?

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder who the true manufacture is? I don't imagine a tire company would start building rims. Would they?

Why wouldn't they? I can see them making their own. Especially ones like this claim to hold the bead. Offroad tire maker, making a wheel designed to work better Offroad makes sense to me.