Integrated Trailer Brake Control Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
wd-40 does not contain water. water displacement formula 40? it's a lubricant so i see what you're saying it's not a penetrating oil but it won't cause rust and will displace moisture.

Try it on two test subjects.
Use WD and another oil based spray - store both samples and check after 4 months. I've done it and found WD creates more corrosion than on the original samples. The only way I would use it is if dry graphite was involved - and even then I use rubbing alcohol as a catalyst to get it into tight spaces (locks).
Moisture displacement yes - but what happens after? The surfaces are left bare, when you want a residual oil to provide long lasting lubrication.

They severely cut back on their advertising here in Canada years ago after numerous complaints of the 'quick fix' causing more trouble than its worth.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Try it on two test subjects.
Use WD and another oil based spray - store both samples and check after 4 months. I've done it and found WD creates more corrosion than on the original samples. The only way I would use it is if dry graphite was involved - and even then I use rubbing alcohol as a catalyst to get it into tight spaces (locks).
Moisture displacement yes - but what happens after? The surfaces are left bare, when you want a residual oil to provide long lasting lubrication.

They severely cut back on their advertising here in Canada years ago after numerous complaints of the 'quick fix' causing more trouble than its worth.

ok? i guess i'll take your word for it. i agree penetrating oil will provide lasting protection against rust better than WD-40 but for periodic maintenance and getting moisture out of electric connections i have never had an issue with WD-40 causing rust and i'm 99% sure it doesn't contain water.

sooooo :flipthebird:

:)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
JP7 is the lube expert though. how could i forget.

http://www.analfistfucking.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/****-lube.jpg

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haaaa! It's gotta be an awkward moment standing in the checkout line with a half-gallon pump-bottle of ass grease in your hand.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Oh this thread has gone so wrong

Well at least Bo uses the 'pump action' nozzle so he doesn't get confused in the dark with the Vaseline vs. the Vicks Vapor Rub...

Trying to get this thread back on track though, there are several spray lubricants on the market and some are better than others for electronics. When I'm done with my trip to the service dept later next week to fix the sensor, I'll probably use a silicon spray on the trailer electronic components - based on what Ford recommends. Although Vaseline is what I've typically used in the past - silicone is lighter and may last longer.

Yeah, I've just opened myself up to ***-job and rear end jokes - Bring it on Bo and Bird - I'll reply with the usual crap.
"Bend over - I'll show you who's driving"

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Well at least Bo uses the 'pump action' nozzle so he doesn't get confused in the dark with the Vaseline vs. the Vicks Vapor Rub...

Trying to get this thread back on track though, there are several spray lubricants on the market and some are better than others for electronics. When I'm done with my trip to the service dept later next week to fix the sensor, I'll probably use a silicon spray on the trailer electronic components - based on what Ford recommends. Although Vaseline is what I've typically used in the past - silicone is lighter and may last longer.

Yeah, I've just opened myself up to ***-job and rear end jokes - Bring it on Bo and Bird - I'll reply with the usual crap.
"Bend over - I'll show you who's driving"

well let us know how that goes. but really...why didn't you post this pic in the Mug Shot thread JP?

AnalLube.jpg