Intake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jesse claims to have gained mpg, but the interesting part is that the numbers he is posting as gains with his 5.4L are identical to the numbers I get with my 5.4L and the stock intake. I am not sure why he wasn't getting the mpg's prior to his mod??

FSM

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea how you are getting the same with stock intake, might be my location? I do know Cheyenne is at a higher elevation. Either way when I do switch back to take my truck in for maint it goes down..I have invested very little to be in denial. I won't say I know more about the internals of this truck more than anybody else, which isn't true, but for somebody to say what I am getting isn't an increase from what I had on before without even seeing it for themselfs doesn't make much sense to me.

I could care less what I run, if it looked good or if it was made by some bum in the street, of it works better than what I had on before to help me gain more MPG's I will run it and before I do, I will run a ton with and without.

Like I said in the svtoffroad forum, I tested this thing driving down to the springs and back, both OEM and this configuration..not just some cruise around the block, but each had their chance..

I will say the super 40 exhaust was a waste of money, cause I saw absolutely no gains with it at all..except for a better sounding exhaust.

Either way it doesn't matter cause it isn't like I'm trying to convince anybody to use it lol I'm perfectly fine being the only person running this, could care less.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add, but I'm not claiming anything, I experienced it myself, and unlike others, I don't go around boasting ******** products to gain some sales on some bogus antenna or some bed rug..I'm not wanting to sell anything, and I have no interests to make bogus claims on some forum. And you must have a really light foot to even get near 18MPG in Colorado, which I never even came close till I did everything. I still have my stock plastic intake setup, and with gas being 3.60 a gallon I will run something to make it worst?

On a side note, I'm not upset by anybody's comments or opinions as everybody has one, but I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to advertise this setup to make a buck unlike most on forums and the Internet..but simply showing something that honestly worked and still is working for me

Last edited:

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jesse, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this did not work for you. I am glad it did and am in no way trying to discredit your claims. I just find it interesting. I am right now averaging 17.4 mpg in all driving conditions. In the winter with cold warm-ups, that drops to about 14.8. I am not that light footed of a driver, but don't "drive it like I stole it" either.

FSM

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you, I'm sure everybody doesn't get the same exact results considering everybody hits the gas differently.

I know you aren't trying to discredit it by any means, but I just want others to know I'm just not trying to post such info in hopes of some sales cause I'm honestly not going in that direction, was just something I personally wanted to try and worked for me.