Intake Manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gofan

Reaction score
Does the dominance of twin screw SC render intake manifolds useless? I am working towards a manifold that would pick up the high end HP curve on a stocker or stroker. We noticed a hole in the dyno curve and had this piece developed. Trying to gauge whether to move this to plastic thermoforming or leave it as a cnc 4 axis special. All suggestions welcomed, including negative.

Have a few pics in album.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding a Supercharger requires the removal of the stock intake manifold.
The intercooler plenum (intake manifold) is all one piece.

That's interesting
Is there any design features inside the plenum to make it a type of vortex?
That 172mm TB is kind big for a NA engine no?
What size injectors are you running?

user8714_pic10867_1429148747.jpg

user8714_pic10863_1429148437.jpg

Last edited:

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he was meaning people just going s/c rather than building na. I wonder if this manifold would be something the turbo or centrifugal guys would hop on ??

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, yes, your right, after reading to OP again.

That's tough to say because they are quite a few on here that don't like boosted applications, for what ever reason

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Also wondering how much experimenting you have done with your new intake manifold? Any flow testing? Dyno Tuning? Gains?

Looks promising! I see that you built your engine as well so I guess you benefited from it rather well.

OP
OP
Gofan

Gofan

Reaction score
Adding a Supercharger requires the removal of the stock intake manifold.
The intercooler plenum (intake manifold) is all one piece.

That's interesting
Is there any design features inside the plenum to make it a type of vortex?
That 172mm TB is kind big for a NA engine no?
What size injectors are you running?

View attachment 63083

View attachment 63084
In fact there is quite a bit of machine work in the plenum, if you look closely at a blow up you can see the bit work on the outside, textures etc.

Currently this is on my stocker running on factory injectors, headers and exhaust and light tune. Testing it on a daily basis. It really picks up Horsepower in the top end. Next week we will baseline it against factory intake on stocker and see how she does with a procharger set up. The reason the TB is so big is to overcome the drop in HP in higher RPM on the stroker. Will look at bigger injectors on the SC setup.

However, it should work well on stroker and other centrifugal SC and turbo applications. Currently the topend on the stocker is making more than the Stroker at same RPM. Ill hold off on numbers until I get an apples to apples on the stocker and Stroker. It looks promising at this point.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Also wondering how much experimenting you have done with your new intake manifold? Any flow testing? Dyno Tuning? Gains?

Looks promising! I see that you built your engine as well so I guess you benefited from it rather well.

Was designed with a dynamic flow program. We are about to do a benchmark against the stocker. We expect it will be 30-70 HP depending on setup and will update with stock, stroker, and F1 Pro Charger build. Should have stock results next week.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Ahh, yes, your right, after reading to OP again.

That's tough to say because they are quite a few on here that don't like boosted applications, for what ever reason

Well that is ok because we built a high compression naturally aspirated Stroker first. This piece was developed to give it more top end. Glad to know there are more than just SCs running around. Still, should work well for non twin screw setup. Thanks for your response.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks awesome for a non screw setup. I'm intrested to see the numbers against a stock intake Na and boosted. Glad to see someone is trying to make som go fast parts for this beast!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk