Intake height and tell me if I'm dumb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kocher93

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40" is a lot, you may end up with water intrusion in the cabin, I think that is above the air vents at the back of the cab, when those get below water line it will flood ricky tick. Its higher than the door seals are intended to cope with. Aside from destroying your interior and trapping water everywhere there are some electronics in the cabin that might not like water.

The BCM is in the passenger kickpanel, so it should be moved, you will also need to relocate the interior fuse box, it is definitely not water tight and is low in the cabin. not sure if it is intended for submersion. You should consider removing the carpet, its just going to hold water and get ruined, you will want in non power seats, they will just short out on your first crossing. Probably a good idea to drill at least a hand full of drain holes both in the floor boards front and rear and under the rockers.

You will likely need to remove the rear seat completely since it is just going to be a sponge, drill holes in the floor of the jack box for drainage, then go in and rust proof all those holes. Your going to have to figure out how to waterproof the APPS sensor. Probably best to roll without door panels since they will just hold water.

When your in the water don't under any circumstances let off the throttle pedal. You will fill the exhaust with water, let off the accelerator and you get reversion... you will hydrolock it from the exhaust side.

I get what you're saying, I'll keep it in the shallows and enjoy the truck in the dry. All my former vehicles, aside from my GT350 I've done some pretty deep water crossings, but they also never had the level of luxury and street manners this truck does.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should look into a mini submarine for scouting your camping trips.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
XJ's Cherokee... dig around for a while and have one for close to the price of the banks kit. Terrible, hideous, disgusting, horrendous vehicles but they have 4wd and carry a mess of camping supplies. And if you put a hardware store fording kit on it you will just blend in with the XJ community, any mods go! You can have fun with it, use it to scout, take it places you wouldn't take the raptor. When it gets screwed up you don't have to feel bad, don't need to fix dents, if you have a really bad day scrap it, you'll be out less than the cost of a spare raptor wheel/tire. When the weather is really bad take the XJ, if some uninsured motorist on bald tires in the ice storm rear ends you with their cell phone in one hand and a joint in the other it will just add character. The other benefit of this: after a day in that pile of crap the raptor will feel even more special.

Quick search
https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/beemer-1994-jeep-cherokee-beater/7264273859.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
kocher93

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
XJ's Cherokee... dig around for a while and have one for close to the price of the banks kit. Terrible, hideous, disgusting, horrendous vehicles but they have 4wd and carry a mess of camping supplies. And if you put a hardware store fording kit on it you will just blend in with the XJ community, any mods go! You can have fun with it, use it to scout, take it places you wouldn't take the raptor. When it gets screwed up you don't have to feel bad, don't need to fix dents, if you have a really bad day scrap it, you'll be out less than the cost of a spare raptor wheel/tire. When the weather is really bad take the XJ, if some uninsured motorist on bald tires in the ice storm rear ends you with their cell phone in one hand and a joint in the other it will just add character. The other benefit of this: after a day in that pile of crap the raptor will feel even more special.

Quick search
https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/beemer-1994-jeep-cherokee-beater/7264273859.html

I do miss a good shit box. XJ for the trails, clapped miata for the road. The simple life.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should be getting out of the truck and wading any crossing your unfamiliar with anyway, there is no other way to be certain what's under the water.

But if the water is moving swiftly or strongly, be sure your will is up to date.
And leave the keys in the truck!