Intake Charge Temps and Intake Air Temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During light cruising or idle is when your IAT2 temps will be the highest as the throttle body isn’t open to allow air to flow thru the intercooler. Completely normal.
Thats what I noticed. When I hit throttle IAT2 temps drop really quick. Today for instance its around 70°F outside. Crusing normal street speed IAT2 was around 110-115°F but when I hit throttle it dropped down to 80-90°F range. After quick acceleration it rose back up to around 120 ... but then minute I hit throttle again it dropped to around 80-90°F. I think this tells me Mishimoto intercooler doing its job since its recovering really fast after bursts of acceleration. I am ready for Stage 2. I think it this intercooler will handle it.

OP
OP
W

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get to see your intake air temps, is there a way to display on the dash?
I have 2019 and there is View Gauges option where you can set it up to view on your dashboard. You have option to view 2 different ones at the time but you can change whats display from I believe like 12 different parameters. I have it set up on Air Intake Temp and Intake Charge Temp

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
would love to see someone post their FMIC #s to see how it compares to the stock location.

I have a 2018 so i don’t have the gauges but I do have my nGauge running with its gauge feature. I monitor IAT2 (among other values) and at WOT with my Full Race FMIC is usually 7-10 degrees above ambient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
W

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 so i don’t have the gauges but I do have my nGauge running with its gauge feature. I monitor IAT2 (among other values) and at WOT with my Full Race FMIC is usually 7-10 degrees above ambient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So stock location mounted aftermarket Intercooler is not far behind FMIC since like today with 70°F outside at WOT i've been seeing IAT2 temps 80-90°F range not passing 90°F staying little below it so maybe 15-18 degrees above ambient temps.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big reason I am asking is I have a CVF intercooler to install and was hoping to get some before and after temps to compare

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So stock location mounted aftermarket Intercooler is not far behind FMIC since like today with 70°F outside at WOT i've been seeing IAT2 temps 80-90°F range not passing 90°F staying little below it so maybe 15-18 degrees above ambient temps.
I expect the true FMIC to be better than stock location for sure - but nowhere near the difference between the ****** OEM IC and a good IC.