Intake Charge Temps and Intake Air Temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you guys clocking at Intake Charge Temps and Intake Air Temps while just driving around town. Post your temps and if its stock or it has aftermarket Intercooler and CAI. I installed Mishimoto Intercooler over a week ago and been watching those two temps closely. Driving around town on the street stop and go speeds up to 0-50mph Intake Air Temp stays at Ambient Temp or around 5-10°F higher while at the red light and it drops back down while moving. Intake Charge Temps stay at around 110-120°F same driving 0-50mph stop and go street driving and peak at 130°F while at red light droping back to 110-120 while moving. All this was monitored while temperature outside was 65°F. What your take on it are does temps ok?

Last edited:

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
air intake varies because of the active vents in the front that open and clos behind the grill. it could be 65 degrees and the intake could be 20 higher depending on the load, vents (open or closed) etc.

OP
OP
W

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
air intake varies because of the active vents in the front that open and clos behind the grill. it could be 65 degrees and the intake could be 20 higher depending on the load, vents (open or closed) etc.
I know they do close and open I just want to know if these temps look ok. And what other people are noticing running in the same scenario.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those temps are very similar to what my stock ‘19 Raptor see around town here in DFW. Intake temp normally 10-20F higher than ambient when rolling and charge temp mostly seems to be in low 100’s rolling around town. Hard accel runs or extended idle, it’ll climb up and then eventually go back down.

SRPRACING

Reaction score
During light cruising or idle is when your IAT2 temps will be the highest as the throttle body isn’t open to allow air to flow thru the intercooler. Completely normal.