Installing We Boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckg26

Reaction score
Hi there
I am looking for some guidance on what others have done to hardwire their cellphone boosters. I am going to mount on the bed. Just trying to figure out how to run the wires and hardwire in the auxiliary swithches.

Thank you in advance.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I am looking for some guidance on what others have done to hardwire their cellphone boosters. I am going to mount on the bed. Just trying to figure out how to run the wires and hardwire in the auxiliary swithches.

Thank you in advance.

I installed a Weboost in my gen3. I used a bulletproof diesel 3rd brake light mount for the antenna. It’s powered from Aux6 so I can turn it on and off as needed. Weboost sells a hardwire adapter. I mounted the unit behind the rear seat. It actually slides right under the subwoofer perfectly. I’d highly recommend spending the money for the bulletproof 3rd brake mount. Easy install, well made, and looks awesome. Weboost sells 2 different NMO antennas. I use the low profile day to day and the larger for trips.

Running the wires is pretty easy. From the front passenger kickpanel you can pull the wires to the back through the existing wire channel. Getting the antenna cable to the 3rd brake light is also pretty easy. The wires can be just tucked into the headliner where it meets the back window. Don’t need to pull the headliner down at all. From there tuck it into the back corner of the C pillar.

Attachments

• 16ADC9CC-9422-4C21-97A7-10F40831FEBB.jpeg
    16ADC9CC-9422-4C21-97A7-10F40831FEBB.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Weboost in my gen3. I used a bulletproof diesel 3rd brake light mount for the antenna. It’s powered from Aux6 so I can turn it on and off as needed. Weboost sells a hardwire adapter. I mounted the unit behind the rear seat. It actually slides right under the subwoofer perfectly. I’d highly recommend spending the money for the bulletproof 3rd brake mount. Easy install, well made, and looks awesome. Weboost sells 2 different NMO antennas. I use the low profile day to day and the larger for trips.

Running the wires is pretty easy. From the front passenger kickpanel you can pull the wires to the back through the existing wire channel. Getting the antenna cable to the 3rd brake light is also pretty easy. The wires can be just tucked into the headliner where it meets the back window. Don’t need to pull the headliner down at all. From there tuck it into the back corner of the C pillar.
A great solution for any antennas!

sharkhunt

Reaction score
Did you have to use an adapter from the weboost antenna conection to the pl-259 that comes on that 3rd brake light mount? I remember running into this the last time I tried to use that mount for that purpose.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, believe it was 2 different adapters I used. Maybe not optimal (I’m no expert) but seems to work (also checked continuity).
Did you have to use an adapter from the weboost antenna conection to the pl-259 that comes on that 3rd brake light mount? I remember running into this the last time I tried to use that mount for that purpose.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
I remember having hell trying to find the correct adapters. At least I know it’s possible now. Hah.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score