Installing Stinger sound deadener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really only need 25% coverage on the deadener. Use the rest of the budget for decoupled MLV, dedicated heat insulation or hydrophobic melamine... you will get a lot more out of it.

vetteengr

Reaction score
Just did my rear back wall. It's definitely a tedious job. Will test drive it today. I wish I had used a dB meter to measure difference.Rear1.jpg
The sad part is that it took me 30 mins to figure out how to pull out my rear seat back. I was looking for a latch and a release cable, while all along it just a hook that slides into a slot.
SeatHook.jpg

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did my rear back wall. It's definitely a tedious job. Will test drive it today. I wish I had used a dB meter to measure difference.View attachment 335321
The sad part is that it took me 30 mins to figure out how to pull out my rear seat back. I was looking for a latch and a release cable, while all along it just a hook that slides into a slot.
View attachment 335323

Heads up, if you want it to be way easier to fold those back seats get the Built Right Industries rear seat releases. It beats trying to dig back in there to release them.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just finished my doors yesterday. Geared more towards stereo vibration than road noise so I have a good bit of sound deadening. I did about 80% on the interior door, blocking plates on the exterior hole and then full exterior door. The plate and exterior were from https://soundsgoodstereo.com and Sound Skinz but the interior was from Down for Sound. Installed new mids in the rear with new adaptor plates. I'll get to the rear wall eventually....gotta finish this build first.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Rear door.jpg
    Rear door.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 22

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heads up, if you want it to be way easier to fold those back seats get the Built Right Industries rear seat releases. It beats trying to dig back in there to release them.
The rear seat of the scab doesn't have the folding rear seat like the screw so we don't have the cool release pull cable things, all we can do is sand down the plastic clip a little bit to make it easier to disengage from the floor bracket

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rear seat of the scab doesn't have the folding rear seat like the screw so we don't have the cool release pull cable things, all we can do is sand down the plastic clip a little bit to make it easier to disengage from the floor bracket

Ah ok, I didn't know the scab had a different bracket setup. I just know without those cable pull things it sucks to fold the screw seats.