Installing OEM Nav in Gen1 with Base Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching, but have been unable to find anyone who either knows the answer or can confirm this is a simple plug and play.

Anyway, I have a 2011 with no Factory Navigation and no backup camera. I found a web-site a few days ago selling reconditioned OEM Navigation head units for $1,699 and a backup camera to go with it for another $299. It's supposed to be plug-and-play and no dealership visit is required to make them work together, plus has a one-year warranty. Has anyone tried doing this type of swap, and if so, was it as "simple" as take out the old, plug in the new, and you are good to go? TIA.

Shekkie2432

Reaction score
Even lesser quality aftermarket units are going to be a step up from the factory junk. Don’t look back. For $2k you can do much better.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to retain the factory plastic around the radio? My local shop wants to use a metra kit but the mismatch in plastic bugs me.