Installing Kicker HS10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
I was looking to get just a little more bass then what the B&O system is providing. I was wondering if anyone can provide a little guidance... I have a 2020 with 802a.

I was wondering if I can simple just pull the sub and amp behind the rear seat without impacting any other speakers? I would assume that I can just tap into those existing wire harnesses for speaker and remote turn on and then mount the kicker HS10 back there. Obviously, I still would need to run power and ground.

I have read through tons of other speaker upgrades threads and I wanted to make sure the rear sub and amp are not tethered to the rest of the system...

Thanks

JR

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are fine. removing the oem sub does not affect anything else in the system. as far as turn on, there isnt one at the oem amp. its a data signal. the kicker sub you are using says it has signal sensing so use that.

OP
OP
Julian Rivera

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
you are fine. removing the oem sub does not affect anything else in the system. as far as turn on, there isnt one at the oem amp. its a data signal. the kicker sub you are using says it has signal sensing so use that.
Thanks for the comment. I will have to try it out next week and see if the signal sensing from the speaker wires work to turn it on.

OP
OP
Julian Rivera

Julian Rivera

Reaction score

The OEM Amp is providing power to all the speakers and not just the sub correct? so it needs to stay back there?

OP
OP
Julian Rivera

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
Thanks for the link FoShizzle. I didn't find much on here about people using the Kicker HS10.

Parts are coming in next week and I will post updates about the install

OP
OP
Julian Rivera

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
I finally got the Kicker HS10 installed a few days back and I am very happy! For $315 I'm not sure there is any better option out there. The installation is about as minimal as it can possibly be. If you just want to add some more bass into the B&O system this is an easy solution, especially if you like listening to the music in the middle volume ranges (10-18). This volume range is really where the kicker will shine.

I listen to basically everything except country music. I was a little disappointed with the sub when I 1st hooked it up as the woofer was just being overpowered and distorted. After I finally got the bass boost, frequency, and gain adjusted I was blown away with how well this thin profile sub worked.

Getting to the install... Very easy to remove the OEM B&O sub. The kicker does come with some mounting brackets (I thought it was also supposed to have velcro straps as an option but didn't come with them) and screws but I have not mounted it yet. It actually fits nice and snug without mounting if you don't want to. I used some Posi-taps connects for the wires cuz I don't have a soldering tool. These are about as easy as it gets for tapping into some wiring. The sub harness has L (+-) & R (+-) wires that I tapped into the OEM sub harness. I ran the ground to the bolt that was used for holding down the OEM sub. Then I ran power to the battery (there is a fuse that you have to splice in next to the battery, which is included). There was about 6 inches left over in length to run the power up the drivers side and through the grommet with the hood latch cable (at least I think it is the hood latch cable). I also ran the bass knob up the drivers side and mounted it down out of the way. That was it. The sub turns on when it senses an audio signal from the speaker wires. After I shut the truck off it takes about a minute for the sub to turn off.

IMG_2797.jpeg IMG_2799.jpeg IMG_2798.jpeg IMG_2800.jpeg IMG_2796.jpeg